|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the TF1 article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
The article doesn't sound too NPOV, but I cannot really point out to people supporting TF1. David.Monniaux 09:47, 2 Apr 2004 (UTC)
POV issue A prendre ou a laisser (French Deal of no Deal). I lived in France and watched A prendre ou a laisser before Deal or No Deal ever came out in the states. I guess one should say that Deal or no Deal is an English A prendre ou a laisser. PDXblazers 05:42, 21 August 2006 (UTC)
- DOND in the US is a licencing of a Dutch format, called Deal or no Deal, and A prendre ou a laisser is a licencing of, you've guess it, a licencing of a Duth format called Deal or no Deal. --Kiand 05:59, 21 August 2006 (UTC)
Well, okay then, thank for clearing that up! PDXblazers 17:51, 6 September 2006 (UTC)
If the confusion has been cleared up, then it should be a good time to remove the NPOV tag. CSWarren 01:22, 13 May 2007 (UTC)
"TF1 originally stood for Télévision Française 1 (French Television 1) but since its 1987 privatisation, the abbreviation is no longer expanded, since this would introduce a confusion with France Télévisions."
It looks like "télévision française 1" is still the official name (see e.g. http://www.rajf.org/article.php3?id_article=273 ; current TF1 employee badges also bear this full name). I'd rather say that the full name, in casual language (but perhaps not in official documents), is abbreviated because it is too long (when France 3 was called FR3, I never heard the whole phrase "france régions 3", the official name of former FR3, while France 3 is part of France Télévisions). Moreover, if TF1 wanted to avoid confusion with France Télévisions, they would probably not use a logo which looks like the French flag. Apokrif 16:20, 12 August 2007 (UTC)
"Children's Shows: Pokémon ; Dora the Explorer ; Sonic X ; Family Guy, among others"
Family Guy isn't a children's show and it seems to me this show was never broadcasted on TF1. confirmation?
So TF1 is only about "trash TV" ? Is it "all bad" ? No, really, a neutrality issue here. I think.
- I agree that there is undue weight in this article. Why would the first main section be about criticism? It is as if the article wants to criticise the channel exclusively.--Alasdair 09:19, 21 August 2007 (UTC)
- Not really, it is well known here that TF1 is a channel you watch with your brain switched off, just like M6. I'm french and I do watch TF1 over other channels most of the time (for this exact reason), so I don't think I'm biaised against it, I'm just facing reality here. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 21:59, 22 February 2008 (UTC)
- I feel my edits have got rid of the more excessive NPOV stuff (like the entirely-unsourced and unencyclopaedic claims about the Sarkozy-TF1 relationship!), as well as shifted the weight entirely away from the opening section. All POV comments which remained are now worded as being opinions, rather than consensus. It would be good if they were sourced, but in the meantime it seems to me the article is no longer NPOV. Thus I have removed the NPOV tag. I'd concede there might still be undue weight, but I'm not sure that any longer amounts to an absence of neutrality given my edits. But maybe I'm just pompous ;) --Headisdead (talk) 11:57, 17 November 2008 (UTC)
To answer you, TF1 si called TF1 in official documents. The neutrality isn't respected, like you can see, to start an article by critizism whereas, in France, TF1 isn't criticized for that, is a bad idea. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 12:12, 22 September 2007 (UTC)
- This was added by 22.214.171.124 on 21:13, 15 October 2008. I'm removing it since it is unsourced. -- Luk talk 10:40, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
Banner Ad Displayed
I opened this page by clicking on a link on the page Yehudi Menuhin on 11 April 2012 and a banner ad was displayed leading to this url:[] I thought Wikipedia is ad free. I immediately looked at the edit page but could not see anything obvious. Please advise. Thermofan (talk) 21:45, 11 April 2012 (UTC)