Talk:T Tauri star
|WikiProject Astronomy / Astronomical objects||(Rated C-class, High-importance)|
Contraction time is about 108 only if the mass of the protostar is 1 solar mass. The text is too precise. Rursus 22:44, 16 November 2006 (UTC)
Not to mention which the statement that contraction time is 108 years for a 1 solar mass star could really do with a specific reference, as could much of the rest of the article to be honest and preferably ones that are freely available to the general public and less than 20 years old. Physdragon (talk) 00:09, 10 March 2010 (UTC)
CTTS & WTTS
Not sure where to add this.
- Classical T-Tauri Star (CTTS)
- actively accreting matter, UV & Infared excess.
- Weak line T-Tauri Star (WTTS)
- not accreting or barely accreting matter, no UV or Infared excess.
Thanks, CarpD 4/3/07
You're right- these definitely need to be added. I suggest right before the picture "protoplanetary disks in the orion nebula" (I added a comment in the page there)
I will take a look.
- CTTS = Classical T-Tauri Star
- WTTS = Weak-line T-Tauri Star
- NTTS = Naked T-Tauri Star
- PTTS = Post T-Tauri Star
Trying to verify this, first.
TTS region PTTS "PTTS gap" ZAMS region CTTS ─► WTTS ----─► PTTS ─► PTTS/ZAMS ─► ZAMS | └► NTTS ─► PTTS ─► PTTS/ZAMS ─► ZAMS └----------------► PTTS ─► PTTS/ZAMS ─► ZAMS
This article suggests that these stars are different from the Sun in a number of ways, but Sun says that the Sun is a T Tauri star. This needs clarification by someone more qualified than me. :P 18.104.22.168 (talk) 21:44, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
- I keep encountering references to the Sun having probably gone through a T Tauri stage. Zyxwv99 (talk) 20:23, 18 March 2016 (UTC)
Please see the lithium burning talk page for a discussion about the actual reaction particles and energies involved.
T Tauri pic
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on T Tauri star. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110524172358/http://universe.gsfc.nasa.gov/seminars/presentations/walter/toc.html to http://universe.gsfc.nasa.gov/seminars/presentations/walter/toc.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.