Talk:Tampa Bay Lightning
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 List of Tampa Bay Lightning players
- 2 Capacity at the Forum?
- 3 Esposito as HHOF?
- 4 Tampa Bay Lightning seasons
- 5 Current season tag
- 6 Lightning Sold - August 7, 2007
- 7 Jersey Section
- 8 Adding More References
- 9 Biggest Arena in the NHL?
- 10 Captain & alternate captains
- 11 Lightning 08-09 Schedual
- 12 Closest Division Rival
- 13 infobox
- 14 Sold
- 15 new team colors, logo, and unis
- 16 Headers
- 17 Plus/Minus Leader, 2014–15 winner?
- 18 Early History section
- 19 2016-17
- 20 2017-18
List of Tampa Bay Lightning players
who is roger posgate? he is not on the official roster of the bolts and also not on the recent game rosters.. If nobody will give an answer I will cancel him from the list. Xerxes MF
Capacity at the Forum?
Esposito as HHOF?
I know I don't normally do this but should Phil Esposito be listed as a builder in the HHOF section for the lightning? Payne2thamax
- That depends, has Esposito been re-inducted into the HHOF as a builder? If not, he shouldn't be added. GoodDay 20:39, 31 January 2007 (UTC)
Tampa Bay Lightning seasons
The full season by season history was split out as part of a project to give each team a uniform article style, regardless of how old the franchise is. For the sake of consistancy, I would oppose merging it back into this article. Resolute 13:39, 18 May 2007 (UTC)
I agree with Resolute. Keep the article as is.Darthflyer 23:47, 22 May 2007 (UTC)
Current season tag
No other team's page has the current season tag visible yet, so why should it be visible on this page and not any other? I just think it should be uniform for all teams. --188.8.131.52 03:23, 30 June 2007 (UTC)
- You are indeed correct. I have since hidden it. BsroiaadnTalk 04:04, 30 June 2007 (UTC)
- Resolute keeps adding the tag back. --184.108.40.206 03:52, 6 July 2007 (UTC)
- Actually, I restored it once. There is no reason why it shouldn't be shown, given the current free agent activities are part of the current season. Uniformity is easily attained by unhiding the tag for all 30 articles. Resolute 04:11, 6 July 2007 (UTC)
Lightning Sold - August 7, 2007
We've been sold - announced this morning - http://lightning.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=335682 . I made a note in the Palace Sports article but I'm not as familiar with the formatting of the sports/NHL articles and don't won't to FUBAR it. Anyone more gutsy than me?
Dyevochka 14:13, 7 August 2007 (UTC)
The owner spot has been changed to Oren Koules but I wonder if it should be OK Hockey since that is technically the owner. Koules is just the head of that enterprise. Asatruar (talk) 23:32, 20 June 2008 (UTC)
Needs to be added, complete with photos and info. Also, the team mascot needs to be mentioned somewhere. Love each other, or perish. ~Auden 05:07, 10 August 2007 (UTC)
Adding More References
Biggest Arena in the NHL?
- They can put about 23,000 at most in for hockey with standing room. That is indeed the largest arena in the NHL. Detroit and Montreal are the only two other teams that have arenas with capacities over 20,000. Calgary did as well until renovations in 1994. Resolute 02:45, 12 March 2008 (UTC)
Captain & alternate captains
Does anybody have an exact date on if/when the Lightning stripped Taylor of the captaincy? I know at the beginning of the season, the team announced Taylor (despite his long-term injury) would still be the captain for the season. GoodDay (talk) 17:30, 31 March 2008 (UTC)
- Theres a story at the Lightning official website called 'Lightning captain Tim Taylor To Sign For Charity' date March 28, 2008. Thus Taylor is still captain. GoodDay (talk) 17:40, 31 March 2008 (UTC)
I would keep an eye on this though since I am 90% sure that I heard that Taylor has retired and did not play a game all of the 07-08 season. I am sure though that I would have heard of a new captain being named but have not heard anything yet. Asatruar (talk) 04:41, 6 May 2008 (UTC)
- There's scarcely a rush, and especially with the probability of a new coach, I expect that's going to be a training camp decision. Ravenswing 12:42, 6 May 2008 (UTC)
Lightning 08-09 Schedual
The Lightning released their new schedual last week sometime. They will be opening the season in Prague against the Rangers for 2 games. They will also be playing a preseason game with a German team, Eisbarn Berlin, on Sep 28th. I thought that this is something out of the ordinary and I can't remember it having happend in the past so it might be something that we would add to the article. Here is the link to the preseason schedual http://lightning.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=368532 Discuss. Asatruar (talk) 18:09, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- If it were me adding it in there, I'd add short bit for a future "2008-09 season" section about how they played those non-NHL teams and opened the season overseas for the first time in franchise history. Same goes for the 2008-09 Tampa Bay Lightning season article. Nothing too special. Just a little mention of it. Tampabay721 (talk) 03:43, 19 July 2008 (UTC)
Closest Division Rival
Hey all. Just wanted to let you know that in the "Early Years" subsection of the Team History section of the article, I changed the statement about Tampa's closest division rival in its first year of existence being Detroit to Tampa's closest division rival being St. Louis. According to Mapquest, the distance between the Expo Hall (where the Bolts played) and the St. Louis Arena where the Blues played is 1015 miles, while Joe Louis Arena in Detroit is 1165 miles away from the Expo Hall and Chicago Stadium is 1173 miles away. Minnesota and Toronto are obviously both further away than those three cities, so I think that disqualifies them as being the closest division rival of the Bolts. Cheers. Gujuguy (talk) 15:08, 20 October 2008 (UTC)
Can someone please fix the home/away jersey picture in the infobox?
Jeff Vinik has agreed to purchase the Lightning. http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=516376&cmpid=tbl-ext:fb —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 17:43, 5 February 2010 (UTC)
new team colors, logo, and unis
Yes, the Lightning introduced new duds this week. However, as I understand it, they won't be wearing the new uniforms or using the new logos until next season. Shouldn't the old logos and such still be listed and displayed in this article as the official versions until then? The soon-to-be-used versions should definitely be shown in the "Uniforms" section, but technically, they're not yet "current". Zeng8r (talk) 00:36, 1 February 2011 (UTC)
- I would have to agree. The current look may be a lame duck right now, but it is what it is... the current look. Tampabay721 (talk) 04:17, 1 February 2011 (UTC)
While not featured on the current jerseys, the new logo is the official logo currently. As of at least the game yesterday (4 February 2011) against the Washington Capitals, Sun Sports began using it in their broadcasts and the logo now appears at centre ice at the St. Pete Times Forum. I think the current jerseys should obviously be shown as the new ones won't be in use until the 2011-12 season, but the team logo should probably be the one that now appears to be used in all official contexts except for on the jerseys. --MMAACKS (talk) 08:54, 5 February 2011 (UTC)
This is a very weird situation. While it's true that the team website and local television broadcasts are using the new logo, the NHL website from what I can tell doesn't, nor did Versus during their broadcast of this past Tuesday's game against Buffalo. Tampabay721 (talk) 07:33, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
- Both of the old logos are already in there. As for the old jerseys, I wouldn't mind either way if they were in there or not, but I'm not aware if they can even be put in there since the current file in the infobox is an updated version of the file the old ones were on. Tampabay721 (talk) 02:13, 13 July 2011 (UTC)
- I think there needs to be more than just a change in the headers. A separate section for every individual season is not only unneeded, but actively degrades the quality of the article. This one should briefly discuss important events in only a couple sentences, and leave greater detail for the season articles. As far as the headers go, they pretty much all need to be changed. There's too much editorializing going on. Resolute 05:00, 29 March 2014 (UTC)
- I agree. The 2006-07 section is mostly unchanged since I first added it 7 years ago, and some random deadline trades shouldn't have passed a one year test, much less a WP:Ten year test. It's about time some of these seasons get cut down and put together. Tampabay721 (talk) 17:26, 29 March 2014 (UTC)
Plus/Minus Leader, 2014–15 winner?
I know that the league no longer gives out the NHL Plus-Minus Award, but should there be some sort of acknowledgement of Nikita Kucherov being tied as the plus/minus leader in 2014–15? Along that line of thought, what about NHL assists leader, which I believe Martin St. Louis has twice finished top of table while with Tampa Bay. Just putting these topics up for discussion. Regards to all. -Creativewill (talk) 14:09, 7 May 2015 (UTC)
Early History section
I think we should have a divide for the ownership struggles and the team's on-ice performance, either within history or in a separate section. Also, the language has to be seriously cleaned up: liens aren't "slapped," and readers can make up their mind as to blame instead of having it repeatedly stated. Knoper (talk) 15:08, 3 March 2017 (UTC)
I added section on 2016-17 season
Call the section 2017–18 as 2017–18 season: Back to the Eastern Conference Finals as they were eliminated during the Conference finals. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2602:304:5D47:EB89:7050:690C:107D:FB5D (talk) 11:14, 25 May 2018 (UTC)