Talk:Tan Duc Thanh Nguyen/GA1
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Citation needed tags must be fulfilled;
- Refs 16 and 18 have dead links and should be updated or replaced.
- If "Criticism of Australian Federal Police tipoff" is indeed relevant to Tan Duc Thanh Nguyen- who is not mentioned - this needs to be made clearer or the section removed if not;
- The English should be tightened - the use of so many quotations gives the article a journalistic rather than encyclopedic tone - for example the "Sentencing and appeal" section. Also, there are some small mistakes, for example ";.".
- The lead should be a little longer - it needs to provide an adequate summary per WP:LEAD)
- The article ought to say more about the man personally - but this sort of thoroughness is not required under the GACR
- I'm also worried about some bias against the Indonesian authorities. Much is made of his appeals, and that of the Australian government. There is little from Indonesia in this regard. A few tweaks, such as a corresponding quotation or the Indonesian side of the story from a native newspaper would be sufficient.
- The infobox should be updated.
- I also raise the same image problems Jezhotwells did at Talk:Andrew Chan/GA1. Under a life imprisonment, he won't be dead any time soon.
- Placing on hold for 7 days so these problems can be fixed. Grandiose (me, talk, contribs) 11:03, 6 December 2011 (UTC)
- Failing per 7 day wait and comments made at the nominator's talk page which amount to a withdrawal. Once the issues have been fixed, feel free to nominate the article again - there is no minimum period for good faith nominations. Grandiose (me, talk, contribs) 14:34, 13 December 2011 (UTC)