|This article is only about television sets (i.e. the hardware used to view TV not the rest of the system.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
This is only a start
Being that I'm not an expert on the subject i can't add much to this article. However, since there was no article specifically describing TV sets; I made one. Please add as much as you see fit. Also, to anybody that may want to merge this with Television, that article talks almost entirely about the system as a whole without ever adequately covering the TV set, and covering TV sets in detail within the television article would just add alot of unneeded length. That being said this article could probably be expanded more by detailing the components of a TV set and how they work together, fine-tuning the history section, and adding more graphics. Lc2288 (talk) 00:22, 24 April 2008 (UTC)
In See also section there is a link to the article multiplier. But the target of the link is a disambiguation page. The author must be more specific. (Analog multiplier ?) Nedim Ardoğa (talk) 10:41, 17 May 2010 (UTC)
The "Looking Forward" section begins with a rather lengthy quote from "Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy." Maybe I'm missing something, but what is the purpose of the quote? I recommend its deletion. Cyberxstrm (talk) 15:28, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- Be bold. You're as qualified as anyone else to cut it out. I took it out, it wasn't relevant. This whole article needs to be worked over to get rid of the salesman-talk and essay-ish tone. Everything from "Higher value" on is unreferenced and opinionated. --Wtshymanski (talk) 18:15, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- Total TV sets sales - 247.7 million units - 
- LCD TV - 151.6 million units - 
- LED TV - 39.9 million units - 
- Plasma TV - 19.1 million units - 
- flat-screen TV - 210 million units - 
- Total TV sets sales - 248 million units - 
- flat-screen TV - 159.6 million units - 
- Total TV sets sales - 211 million units - 
- Total TV sets sales - 200 million units - . Sales in 2007 full-year surpassed US$100 billion for the first time 
Predictions in 2002: http://www.pcworld.com/article/107907/tv_screen_battle_plasma_vs_lcd.html
* Note: DisplaySearch considers LED TV's to be LCD TV's (LED backlights will account for about 50% of the total LCD TV units shipped during 2011 / 192 million units in 2010) 
Death of television ?
Linking with the previous talk section on sales, I note the following BBC web article stating that now children are spending more time online then watching television: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-35399658 Long live televsion sets! ;-) 184.108.40.206 (talk) 17:39, 26 January 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Television set. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140221025534/https://thre3d.com/how-it-works/light-photopolymerization/digital-light-processing-dlp to https://thre3d.com/how-it-works/light-photopolymerization/digital-light-processing-dlp
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.