Talk:The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius article.|
|This article is of interest to multiple WikiProjects. Click [show] for further details.|
- 1 Physics in the show
- 2 Carl's Crush
- 3 Cindy's Crush Contradiction
- 4 Professor Finbarr Calamitous
- 5 images
- 6 New intro
- 7 Regarding Cindy and Libby's First Names
- 8 End of the series?
- 9 Retroville, Texas?
- 10 Any objections?
- 11 Cleanup
- 12 lost episode
- 13 Jimmy Neutron and Arthur Read crossover
- 14 What is Jimmy Neutron's IQ level? Is it 210 or 214?
- 15 No production or history section...
- 16 Benny Hill parody
- 17 second movie
- 18 TriviaAAAAH!
- 19 New TV Movie
- 20 Disambiguation page?
- 21 A source that could be used: Jerry Beck's Not Just Cartoons: Nicktoons!
- 22 So where are the hard facts
- 23 Back In Production ?!?!
- 24 Texas?
- 25 Do the Texas headings belong?
- 26 Plot section
Physics in the show
- I added the fact that Carl loves Judy Neutron in Carls bio., along with examples of his affection.
--LoZmaster 2:55 pm, July 5, 2006EST
- This crush Carl has on Judy is an effect from the love potion. Note that any mention of his affections are after the episode aired. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 14:49, August 27, 2007 (UTC)
Cindy's Crush Contradiction
- In Cindy's bio, it says that her crush on Timmy is "contradicting his marriage to Tootie in Channel Chasers."
- I have removed it for two reasons:
- 1) The ending is ambigous as to whether Timmy married either Tooty or Trixie.
- 2) It is irrelevant, as she doesn't actually marry him, since Timmy returns to his dimension, while she stays in hers.
--Sonic Mew 11:54, Jun 18, 2005 (UTC)
Whouldn't Timmy forget all about Cindy anyway because he got to Retroville in the first place by his godparents' magic?
Professor Finbarr Calamitous
Thought you guys might like to know, someone created Professor Finbarr Calamitous and i wikified it but i thought someone who watches the show would be better at expanding the article. i have no idea if he's a major villain or not. -- Bubbachuck 06:54, 21 August 2005 (UTC)
it looks like most of the main character images are going to expire, so we need new ones.. anyone wanting to upload new ones?
he is... i guess i dont watch the shows much anymore because there are no new ones that play without being announced, and i always miss those! lol (what the heck?! my computer always moves down one topic... nvm, this is supposed to be in the finbarr section) -starwarsnerd
i will... hey it worked this time! -starwarsnerd
As of the episode, "Crouching Jimmy, Hidden Sheen", they has the new intro, containing clips from more recent episodes. Where does I post that? -- Homfrog
Regarding Cindy and Libby's First Names
"DO NOT CHANGE CINDY'S AND LIBBY'S FIRST AND MIDDLE NAMES ANYMORE! THEY HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED AS CORRECT BY KEITH ALCORN, EXECUTIVE PRODUCER ON THE SHOW!!"
I decided to move this notice here, since that's where it belongs (important: I didn't write it).
End of the series?
I'd just like to know on what authority this page has it that the series is ending with the third Jimmy/Timmy Power Hour, and likewise on what authority is Fairly OddParents supposed to be closing shop after that one? Not only do both statements seem extremely sketchy, but I pretty sure FOP has a feature film coming up that will open after JTPH 3. Corbmboile
- To be honest, I have no clue as to even where these facts are coming from? Could someone go to TV.com and investigate? I would, but it's a bunch of brats and trolls over there. Pacific Coast Highway|moo! 02:17, 1 March 2006 (UTC)
On The Fairly Oddparents wiki entry, it states that Butch Hartman, creator of the show, announced on his offical website forum, that both shows would be ending after JT3
How can we prove that Retroville is in Texas. As far as I'm concerned, I haven't seen an episode revealing the state of where Retroville is. The Runescape Junkie 00:00, 26 May 2006 (UTC)
- There was a telephone number on a dumpster (area code: 6xx), and after looking it up in the Verizon White Pages, the listing says Texas. Pacific Coast Highway blah • my tracks 01:56, 26 May 2006 (UTC)
Also in some of the scenes of a few episodes, it clearly shows a dotted line coming from Texas. 188.8.131.52 18:44, 21 July 2006 (UTC)
Plus, some of the town's geogrophy might make sense in Texas. For Instance, Retroville Lake might be a resovoir in East Texas, where there are plenty of Giant lakes like that. I'm a resident of a town close to San Antonio, Texas, and thats just my two cents. 184.108.40.206 16:54, 2 July 2006 (UTC)
Could anyone make a article called Retroville without redirecting it to The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius?
"In many episodes, characters often take off or land in a Jimmy's Hovercar somewhere along U.S.A.'s east or west coast." Texas isn't on either coast, how is this proof FOR Texas? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 14:28, 15 March 2008 (UTC) in the instructions for nicktoons unite it says on his bio home town retroville texas —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 23:32, 4 October 2010 (UTC)
As I was reading the article, I noted that there is a list of inventions in the character discription of Jimmy Neutron. I have decided to move all these inventions to a page that will catalog all his inventions. I will be removing that list from the jimmy Neutron character discription(do not remove it yet). I will begin in 48 hours. If anyone has any objections either comment here or my userspace. ArminHammer 18:12, 18 July 2006 (UTC)
"In "My Big Fat Spy Wedding" when everyone singing a twonkie is seen dancing to the music, not turning into a monster as they did is "Attack of the Twonkies" "
Yes, there have been apperances by those small creatures in numerose episodes, all of which are contradictory to the original episode, Attack of the twonkies. TheHaloEnthusiast21 (talk) 17:48, 8 January 2011 (UTC)
I recall flipping channels and catching the end of a JN episode, maybe during a holiday. It featured a creature, maybe 1/2 the size of Jimmy,(although I think, in the plot, that they tried to appear larger) lizard-like with a hored brow, like a hored toad, wearing a jacket/vest, maybe purple. They had arms but instead of legs they had a snake like tail that they slithered on. Except for the audience in "Win Lose Kaboom" I never seen them again. I can't find which episode they are featured. Anyone knows where they appeared? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 15:24, August 27, 2007 (UTC)
Jimmy Neutron and Arthur Read crossover
What is Jimmy Neutron's IQ level? Is it 210 or 214?
In one of the episodes that I've watched before (Pardon me cause I couldn't remember which one was it! Oh dear! Such is my poor impulsive short term memory loss! "Sigh!" Can anyone help me to recall back what episode was it? Thanks!), I can still remember that particular scene moderately well (suppose or if I'm not mistaken of what I have hearken of) that I do hear quite carefully by one of the minor characters who was also one of Jimmy Neutron's "minor" nemesis or antagonist played by a woman wearing a black suit while she was conversing to another doctor-like character in which during their conversation when she said or remarked about Jimmy Neutron is a boy with an IQ level of two-hundred-and-ten (210)! Was I right or was I wrong? Because I'm still unsure about it ever since that episode of that Nickolodeon series I've watched it was aired nearly about a few years ago in my country! --onWheeZierPLot 19:04, 31 July 2006 (UTC)
No production or history section...
This article needs such a section if it wants to meet the standards of an encyclopedia. Abby724 18:35, 29 October 2006 (UTC)
Benny Hill parody
I remember that there was a Benny Hill chase parody in one JN episode. I can't remember which. Does anyone know?
They also did in "Who Framed Jimmy Neutron" is a spoof from the Touchstone Pictures film Who Framed Roger Rabbit? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Ilikestuff4 (talk • contribs) 03:09, 24 November 2007 (UTC)
what second movie it says "the search of carl" does anybody have proof that there is a second movie? --126.96.36.199 00:24, 26 November 2006 (UTC)
- The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius 2: The Search for Carl was the very quickly cancelled sequel to The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius. It apparently never got past the script stage, and you can find out a lot about it just by searching the web... To answer your question, The Search for Carl doesn't really exist at all, but it almost did. --YellowYoshi398 01:48, 22 December 2006 (UTC)
The Trivia section is out of control! Unless anyone objects, I'm moving it to its own page. -- Noclevername 00:30, 26 December 2006 (UTC)
Agreed. Each trivia bit should integrated into either the main article or into the article of the individual episode to which it pertains. Theoretically, I could do it myself, but I'm too lazy. 188.8.131.52 14:54, 17 March 2007 (UTC)
- Okay, I've made a first pass at it and removed the more obvious speculation and episode-specific trivia. CovenantD 19:33, 23 March 2007 (UTC)
New TV Movie
I have seen comercials for a new "Jimmy Neutron Event", and it is set to air May 19th, 2007. It is called Genius, Sheenius, or In Betweenius?. I'm not sure that I'm spelling that right, but they've been showing comercials frequently for it. I just saw one this morning.
The search term "Jimmy Neutron" redirects to this article. I think there are a significant amount of people who are looking for the movie version or the character instead of the TV show. I suggest a disambiguation page. Legedevin 01:28, 9 May 2007 (UTC)
- If there's no response by Monday, I'll make one myself.
- Found out that a disambiguation page was already made about a year ago. "Jimmy Neutron" now redirects there. Legedevin 13:59, 10 May 2007 (UTC)
A source that could be used: Jerry Beck's Not Just Cartoons: Nicktoons!
I found a book in the bookstore called Not Just Cartoons: Nicktoons! by Jerry Beck. I'm not going to buy it and join the project, but I will ask the other members to get the book so that they can add real world information about various fictional characters.
This makes the creation of separate articles for *many* fictional characters feasible. Having information about the development of the character will make the articles satisfy Wikipedia:Notability (fiction)
So where are the hard facts
 is so much better than this article, but the audience for entertainment article on wikipedia usually does not have my taste, so I do not dare to include it Arnero (talk) 13:49, 24 February 2008 (UTC)
Back In Production ?!?!
If I remember correctly, Carl has a Lama fan club card on which "Retroville, CA" is written, shown in the episode "Carl Wheezer, Boy Genius". —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 20:11, 23 March 2008 (UTC)
Do the Texas headings belong?
Since the plot section is empty and has a link to the character page, I am going to make a seperate section for characters and create a plot summary. If you can, please help me make it up to standards, since I am new and have only done minor edits. Also, if a plot summary is found in the history, we can use that. - Sm1ttenzd 20:06, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
- Okay, the last sypnosis/summary was deleted over a year ago, and it did not give enough information about the series, so I'll try and make one that describes the characters, usual episode format, and premise/overall theme. I would like to do this because most other Nicktoons have summaries and I think this article needs one (the whole article needs to be redone but that can be done later.) - Sm1ttenzd 20:13, 6 August 2009 (UTC)