Talk:El Ikhwa Islands
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the El Ikhwa Islands article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Articles for creation||(Rated Stub-class)|
This article appears to be written like an advertisement
Hi! Three days ago User:Huon has marked this article as advertisement. Because it was me who originally created this article I want to explain how it's appeared on Wikipedia. First of all I work in IT. Diving, travelling and photography is my hobbies. I've never been involved with any kind of business related to diving, travelling or photography. I like to make photos and one day I've realized I can make my photography more useful by donating my pictures to Wikipedia. So I've choose some of my best photos and among them was two photos of Brothers Island. But there wasn't an article about Brothers in Wikipedia! I've been on Brothers, it a nice place and it's have it's fame among divers. So, I've created the article. After 3 weeks of waiting it was out of AfC thanks to User:Rushton2010. But on the same day the article was marked as advertisment. I think the article is already written from neutral point of view. I can't find extensive sources about Brothers from non-commercial organizations, because the main reason people interest in them is diving. Can someone explain me what should I do? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Alex.vasenin (talk • contribs) 16:02, 18 March 2013 (UTC)
- What I found particularly inappropriate was the "considered one of the best dive sites in the Red Sea" claim. Considered by whom? What exactly does "best" mean? For such a claim I would prefer to see not just Egypt's official Tourism website promoting the islands, but something like a ranking of Red Sea dive sites published with a reputable publisher. Huon (talk) 16:34, 18 March 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for the fast reply, Huon. After a quick search I've found this CNN rating where the Brothers ranked #9 of the 50 best dive sites of the world (and #2 in Egypt after SS Thistlegorm). Is it OK if I cite it as a source and remove "advert" flag in the article? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Alex.vasenin (talk • contribs) 17:04, 18 March 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on The Brothers, Egypt. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.emdb.gov.eg/eafms/lighthouses.aspx
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.