This article is within the scope of WikiProject BBC, an attempt to better organise information in articles related to the BBC. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page where you can join us as a member. You can also visit the BBC Portal.
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Ancient Egypt, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Egyptological subjects on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.
We should have an article on every pyramid and every nome in Ancient Egypt. I'm sure the rest of us can think of other articles we should have.
To start with, most of the general history articles badly need attention. And I'm told that at least some of the dynasty articles need work. Any other candidates?
Standardize the Chronology.
A boring task, but the benefit of doing it is that you can set the dates !(e.g., why say Khufu lived 2589-2566? As long as you keep the length of his reign correct, or cite a respected source, you can date it 2590-2567 or 2585-2563)
Anyone? I consider this probably the most unimportant of tasks on Wikipedia, but if you believe it needs to be done . . .
This is a project I'd like to take on some day, & could be applied to more of Wikipedia than just Ancient Egypt. Take one of the standard authorities of history or culture -- Herotodus, the Elder Pliny, the writings of Breasted or Kenneth Kitchen, & see if you can't smoothly merge quotations or information into relevant articles. Probably a good exercise for someone who owns one of those impressive texts, yet can't get access to a research library.
* added an infobox
* tidied up the cast list, got rid of minor/non-historical entries
* added a few references and useful external links
* fatted out intro a bit
* gave synopsis for episodes
Its not much, but its much better and more user friendly than the earlier page.I have kept in the linking made by the previous editors, it was invaluable and really useful.
Possible future changes;
* new sections, Style, Music, Reception. in the meantime some of the content for theses section is in the intro, didnt have the energy to flesh it out.
* the episode synopsis are a bit messy and need a rewrites but they are fit for purpose.
* the names of the characters, especially the ptolemies and cleopatras, numbering/nicknames etc needs to be standardised on the page so that it makes sence with the rest of the wiki.