- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the proposal. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the proposal was page moved. - UtherSRG (talk) 12:39, 2 April 2012 (UTC)
Defender (disambiguation) → Defender – Considering the multiple uses for the word Defender, no one entity should really claim the term as its own. One of the biggest video games in the 80s, the Defender land rover, a defender in soccer, 2 different tv series, and now a new android application, etc... Our wiki readers should be able to type in the name "Defender" and get a list as opposed to having to type "Defender (disambiguation)" or find a link. The move must be made with administrative help. Fyunck(click) (talk) 19:57, 25 March 2012 (UTC)
- Feel free to state your position on the renaming proposal by beginning a new line in this section with
*'''Oppose''', then sign your comment with
~~~~. Since polling is not a substitute for discussion, please explain your reasons, taking into account Wikipedia's policy on article titles.
- Support clearly this is a commonly used term, and used frequently in law and military contexts, so should not be a soccer term as primary. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 03:29, 26 March 2012 (UTC)
- Support; a clear-cut case of no primary topic, IMO. Powers T 13:53, 26 March 2012 (UTC)
- Support; several of the meanings of "Defender" are in such common use that it would be extremely improbable that any of them could satisfy the primary topic criteria. --R'n'B (call me Russ) 19:06, 26 March 2012 (UTC)
- Support move as above. Jared Preston (talk) 17:25, 28 March 2012 (UTC)
- Support, no overwhelmingly clear primary topic. -- P 1 9 9 • TALK 12:54, 29 March 2012 (UTC)
- Support due to absence of a primary topic. Cloudz679 11:15, 31 March 2012 (UTC)
- Support. Association football use is definitely not the primary topic. I♦A 09:47, 1 April 2012 (UTC)
- Support (though a little late to the party); this is just not a term with a primary topic. Cheers! bd2412 T 01:49, 2 April 2012 (UTC)
- Any additional comments:
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of the proposal. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page. No further edits should be made to this section.