Talk:Isabella (slave ship)
|WikiProject Ships||(Rated Stub-class)|
name and dates
1. Both sources refer to the ship as Isabella - there's no "The".
2. It can hardly be the same ship on 1684 and 1825. Wooden ships rot, and last around 50 years at best.
- I agree with the latter point. Presumably more than one ship has carried this name. Are the sources strong enough to make a clear distinction between the two (or more)? bobrayner (talk) 20:33, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
3. Would somebody mind helping me change the name of the article to Isabella? I can't seem to figure that out. Also, I don't believe the bit about the British taking the ship is correct either, somebody added that in after the initial sentence. 5hane2012 (talk) 22:33, 22 February 2012 (UTC)5hane20125hane2012 (talk) 22:33, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
- I've moved the article to Isabella (slave ship) as requested, and updated the dab page at Isabella. It still probably needs to be split into the two different ships. And the ship called Isabella (ship) should probably be renamed too. PamD 23:07, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
- I've redlinked the Spanish Isabella on the dab page. On this page, I'd delete the "trend" ref, since it's OT. TREKphiler any time you're ready, Uhura 23:16, 23 February 2012 (UTC)