Talk:The Jackal (1997 film)
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the The Jackal (1997 film) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Northern Ireland||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Ireland||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Film||(Rated Start-class)|
In the movie Bruce Willis sprays the bumper of his minivan with a poison that kills his pursuer upon touch. Does anyone know what that substance is? Bjardis 02:31, 25 June 2006 (UTC)
The Day of the Jackal?
I expected to arrive at the page about the classic "The day of the jackal". Shouldn't "Jackal" redirect to such a page?126.96.36.199 18:04, 28 August 2006 (UTC)
- I really support that move, but I am not bold enough. 188.8.131.52 18:13, 20 October 2006 (UTC)
- I disagree, if you're looking for that, look for "The day of the jackal", "Jackal" on its own should redirect either here or to the animal 184.108.40.206 14:24, 15 June 2007 (UTC)
We see the Jackal smash a car window and steal a tag off the rear vision mirror. If this is the parking permit then doesn't he stay with his victim to get the house as in the other versions? MartinSFSA (talk) 10:16, 25 February 2008 (UTC)
The IRA man-
- The first paragraph of the article concludes with this sentance:
- While its title is similar to the 1973 film The Day of the Jackal, it shares only the main story point of an anonymous assassin and some general plot elements.
- Ta da. MartinSFSA (talk) 08:23, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
Witherspoon and the Ian laMont
Fromt the article :
" As the Jackal realises he is being tracked by Witherspoon with the assistance of Zanconia, he infiltrates Zanconia's house. "
So Witherspoon is tracking the jackal without informing his colleagues: the FBI agents , russian partners and the IRA hitman. When the FBI director finds out about the FBI access code he curses witherspoon ; so one can conclude witherspoon was also doing his inside job during the entire operation for unspecified purposes.
¿HMG or Autocannon?
“The FBI discovers Lamont's body and, with the help of Mulqueen, deduce that the Jackal intends to utilise a long-range heavy machine gun for the assassination.” It’s been a LONG time since I seen this movie, so I don’t remember the scene where they found the body at all; I know Jackal uses an autocannon for his mission, but ¿how did that scene play out? Forgive my faulty memory, I just want to be sure accurate information is disseminated. A. J. REDDSON