- The following discussion is an archived discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: no consensus - stale discussion with no support for a move, however their might be a reason to discuss a different name. Tiggerjay (talk) 04:43, 27 February 2013 (UTC) Tiggerjay (talk) 04:43, 27 February 2013 (UTC)
The Jewish Star (Nassau County) → The Jewish Star (Nassau County, New York) – Nassau County, New York is not the primary meaning for Nassau County and the vast majority of article are using the full name anyway.  Marcus Qwertyus (talk) 17:46, 13 February 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: Why not The Jewish Star (New York) or even The Jewish Star (United States)? If the latter, then it would make sense to move The Jewish Star (Alberta) to The Jewish Star (Canada). There are no other publications (or other meanings) by this name in New York or the United States. Skinsmoke (talk) 12:29, 14 February 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: I agree with Skinsmoke. The Jewish Star (New York) would be better, unless there is another "Jewish Star" in New York. bd2412 T 14:01, 15 February 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: Doesn't appear to be according to this source. There doesn't appear to be another The Jewish Star anywhere in the United States. However, there is an American Idol style talent show named Jewish Star based in New York City, but which also seems to operate in California. Skinsmoke (talk) 14:10, 15 February 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose move to "The Jewish Star (Nassau County, New York)" as adding unnecessary disambiguation. The parenthetical "(Nassau County)" seems a reasonable disambiguator since the paper evidently circulates chiefly in Nassau County, not all of New York state or city. However, according to its website it carries news for the rest of Long Island as well; if so "(New York)" might be suitable; another option is "(Long Island)".--Cúchullain t/c 21:54, 25 February 2013 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.