Talk:The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
|The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has been listed as a Video games good article under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do, and if it no longer meets these criteria, it can be reassessed.
Review: July 10, 2016. ( ).
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This page was nominated for deletion. Please review the prior discussions if you are considering re-nomination:
|This article is written in American English (labor, traveled, realize, defense), and some terms used in it may be different or absent from other varieties of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
- Are you referring to its letter grade or its importance? Larrythefunkyferret (talk) 02:55, 7 September 2012 (UTC)
- You would have to double check with the Project, but I would guess that someone within the Project looked it over and decided that it was B-worthy. B-worthy on Wikipedia isn't bad, it's just not "Good". Larrythefunkyferret (talk) 04:18, 23 April 2013 (UTC)
Didn't see anything about this on a quick skim, nevertheless Nintendo's recent response—should be something said if this is a prominent reaction
czar 19:28, 20 June 2016 (UTC)
- This review is transcluded from Talk:The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
- Multiple earlier Zelda games influenced the developers, including Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask: many aspects of the game's overworld and gameplay were designed to streamline and populate the experience for players. - Should break this sentence into two halves (turning colon into a full stop)
- First revealed in 2009 when in the middle of development - " when in the middle of development" is unnecessary. You have mentioned when the game began its development already.
- Jumping across gaps and scaling ledges happens automatically within context. - "happen"
- The Nunchuck is also used to initiate forward roles - What does "forward roles" mean?
- a stamina meter, which recharges after a few seconds when not in use. - You make it sounds like that it will recharge when we are not using the stamina meter, which is not entirely true. It recharges when we are not doing certain actions.
- When depleted entirely, Link slows and is left vulnerable until it refills - General readers may not know what means "Link slows"
- Skyward Strikes are also used to trigger environmental elements - Any expansion on that?
- During his quest, Link is aided by the sword spirit Fi, who is able to give hints to the player for both environmental elements and enemies - any example?
- such as a mechanical Beetle that flies to distant areas - for what purpose?
- He began work on Skyward Sword after finishing Phantom Hourglass - He began "working" on Skyward Sword.
- When Spirit Tracks was finished, Fujibayashi's team transferred back to working on Skyward Sword. - A bit unclear. What do you mean by "Fujibayashi's team". The team working on Spirit Tracks? Fujibayashi had several teams.
- He also hoped to have the new Zelda in playable form at E3 2010 - I don't think that this is notable enough to be mentioned. I'd say it is important if the game ended up not being shown.
- For the initial production of the game, an anniversary CD was included with both editions containing orchestrated versions of various iconic musical pieces from the series. - "For the initial production of the game" is not quite necessary.
- Mori wrote the dialogue based on Fujibayashi's synopsis, who needed to "hash out" the fine details with Fujibayashi - You can paraphrase "hash out". Instead of using "who", "and" seems to be better.
- Fi was created before the implantation of Wii MotionPlus, when she was going to be part of some different gameplay concepts unrelated to motion control. - Any more explanation on her gameplay? Furthermore, is it necessary to mention that she was created before the implantation if she was not related to the system from the start?
- During development, the team faced a lot of problems when designing the game so it would be both familiar and fresh - A bit contradicting.
- they also introduced the marker beacons - not mentioned in the gameplay section.
- Items were designed so they could be visible in any area, such as the bright blue Bombs. - What do you mean by "visible in any area"?
- Both the Beetle and the Clawshots gave rise to the ancient mechanical theme that appeared in the Lanayru Desert region. - What is a Clawshot?
- I don't think you need to list (81 reviews) in the review template if you have mentioned that in the first paragraph already.
- but said that those detrimental elements that remained made Skyward Sword - what are these "detrimental" elements?
- GameSpot's Tom McShae - "McShea"
- No reviewers commented on the game's story?
- I don't think the screenshot shows any unique gameplay mechanic. A screenshot on Loftwing or Skyward Strike would be great.
- Is it reasonably well written?
- Is it factually accurate and verifiable?
- Is it broad in its coverage?
- Is it neutral?
- Fair representation without bias:
- Is it stable?
- No edit wars, etc:
- Does it contain images to illustrate the topic?
- Pass or Fail:
- I've done my best to deal with all the issues you raised. As to your comment on the story, I've already included as much as there was. I've also followed your suggestion about the image. Also, beacons were mentioned, it's just I forgot to keep terminology consistent between sections. Sorry about that. --ProtoDrake (talk) 07:37, 10 July 2016 (UTC)
There are some problems/questions with the Gameplay section in its current form:
- "The greater majority of gameplay mechanics revolve around use of motion controls: these include camera control with the Nunchuck" While the camera is controlled with the Nunchuk, it is NOT done so with motion controls.
- "The Nunchuck is also used to initiate forward roles." What does this mean? I've never heard of the term "forward roles." Does that mean it makes Link walk around?
- The first paragraph states that the game revolves around motion controls, but these aren't really explored until the third paragraph. Should we dedicate a paragraph to controlling Link/motion controls?
- "Some items and equipment will degrade and eventually break if they are used improperly, such as the shield taking damage when blocking fails." Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't shields the only item that breaks? If so, this sentence can be simplified.