Talk:The Looney Tunes Show
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 Untitled
- 2 Tina Russo Duck vs. Melissa
- 3 Crusher
- 4 Unsourced Info
- 5 File:LTS Wallpapers 04 1280x1024.jpg Nominated for speedy Deletion
- 6 That reception section needs work.
- 7 Penelope Pussycat
- 8 Major and Recurring Characters section - Vandalism
- 9 Soundtrack
- 10 Manu Ginobili
- 11 Canceled?
- 12 Animators/illustrators behind "The Looney Tunes Show"
- 13 If this is a spin-off? If so, what is its predecessor?
- 14 Neutrality of Reception section
Ok. If CN.com is showing clips of the show then May 2nd is the EXACT date relece right? (talk). 3-13-11. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 20:30, 13 March 2011 (UTC) It is. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 21:37, 14 March 2011 (UTC)
Where is a reliable source of information that states that Kristen Wiig is the voice actress for Lola Bunny?
Nowhere have I seen or heard that Lola Bunny was voiced by Kristen Wiig. Could someone provide the viewers of the article with a reference to a reliable source of information that states that she is the voice of Lola Bunny? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 22:05, 2 April 2011 (UTC) May 3rd is the exact date relece — Preceding unsigned comment added by MrJoshbumstead (talk • contribs) 18:49, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
Tina Russo Duck vs. Melissa
Some anonymous user keeps linking Tina Russo Duck in the Cast section to the Melissa Duck page. I haven't been able to find any reference (except a Wikipedia edit which keeps getting reverted) that these are supposed to be the same character, and the only non-Wiki references to Tina Russo claim this is a new character. Any ideas what's going on here? --Enwilson (talk) 17:05, 4 May 2011 (UTC)
The character is currently linked to a completely incorrect page, and a correct one does not exist. I have no information on the character nor do I want to break formatting so I'll just leave this here. --184.108.40.206 (talk) 04:10, 5 June 2011 (UTC)
File:LTS Wallpapers 04 1280x1024.jpg Nominated for speedy Deletion
An image used in this article, File:LTS Wallpapers 04 1280x1024.jpg, has been nominated for speedy deletion for the following reason: All Wikipedia files with unknown copyright status
Don't panic; you should have time to contest the deletion (although please review deletion guidelines before doing so). The best way to contest this form of deletion is by posting on the image talk page.
That reception section needs work.
Right now the section is overwhelmingly negative, while I know the reality is that the reception of the show has actually been more on the "mixed" side of things. Someone needs to remedy that quickly. — Cinemaniac (talk • contribs) 07:49, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
Has Penelope actually appeared on the show? I can't tell if I somehow missed the episode she appeared on, or someone is just adding it to the article as some kind of wish fulfillment. The only references I can find are this article, and mirrors of this article. Trivialist (talk) 05:00, 28 February 2012 (UTC)
She has appeared as an extra, and has been mentioned in a few episodes, thnaks for your concern though 23:02, 17 May 2012 (UTC)
Major and Recurring Characters section - Vandalism
Whoever keeps messing up the characters section needs to stop this instant!
I was pretty stunned that three of the four episodes featured mentions of the Argentinean basketball player, but then I read this article at MySanAntonio, and was very shocked and surprised. Could you please include the fact that Hugh Davidson, head writer, is a passionate Spurs fan and has referenced Manu Ginobili in three of the four episodes of this series? Here is a video clip, referenced at the 44 second mark. ElMeroEse (talk) 06:49, 22 August 2013 (UTC)
This article http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/ending-cancelled-tv-shows-2012-2013-24110/ lists shows that are either ending or being canceled. Some of the shows listed include ones like Breaking Bad, The Cleveland Show, and Star Wars the Clone Wars. Unfortunately, The Looney Tunes Show is also listed, this is what the article says about it, "The latest incarnation of Bugs, Daffy and the gang has come to a close after two seasons and 52 episodes. The characters will surely be back in some other venue soon." Add this information to the main article if possible because it seems to be legit. --Austin311 (talk) 02:07, 18 October 2013 (UTC)
- Not done Find a more reliable source. Maybe something with a clear reputation or a presumed editorial standard. Cyphoidbomb (talk) 07:16, 18 October 2013 (UTC)
Animators/illustrators behind "The Looney Tunes Show"
Can I ask you something? Who is the animators/illustrators behind "The Looney Tunes Show"? That is because I want to send my own characters I have on FurAffinity or so, to Disney XD, so a new animated children's programme will be airing on that channel in the future! Thank you!
- @220.127.116.11: Hello, this article talk page is for discussing ways to improve the article, not for general discussion about the show. Cyphoidbomb (talk) 20:04, 8 November 2013 (UTC)
If this is a spin-off? If so, what is its predecessor?
With regard to this edit by Shadd21, who said, "The Looney Tunes Show is a spin-off, so it 's predecessor would be Loonatics Unleashed", I'm unclear as to how this is justified. That is, where do we learn that The Looney Tunes Show is a successor to Loonatics Unleashed, as opposed to a reboot/adaptation of the original. The parameter instructions are not entirely clear on this. Cyphoidbomb (talk) 23:54, 13 May 2014 (UTC)
- The Looney Tunes show is as much a reboot/adaptation as the likes of Tiny Toon Adventure, Loonatics Unleashed, and Baby Looney Tunes are, Having The looney Tunes show list as the direct successor to the original Looney Tunes when there are older shows which can also be billed as direct successors is false information that's why i listed Loonatics as TLTS' successor as it was the last Looney Tune adaption to air before TLTS Shadd21 (talk) 04:04, 14 May 2014 (UTC)
- Hi, but this seems to be information we are asserting of our own personal knowledge or deduction, rather than from established sources. That is, we are assuming that the series is derived from its various predecessors, and continues the predecessor lineage when that's not necessarily the case and is more likely an entirely new take on the decades-old concept. In the latter case, using the "Related" parameter of the infobox would make sense, as it would intuitively be a spin-off/adaptation of the original, but I'm not so sure about the preceded by/followed by parameters, which suggest that this is derived from subsequent adaptations. On the other hand, I can understand an argument that it is just the next take on Looney Tunes, following Loonatics Unleashed, but without any of the suggestions of it being derivative of that work. I've floated the question by WikiProject Television to solicit a broader opinion on the matter. In the interim I think we should leave the parameters blank. And for the record, I could totally have my head up my ass on this issue. Cyphoidbomb (talk) 04:31, 14 May 2014 (UTC)
- I yield on this. I was thinking about it, and realized that the series doesn't have to be derivative of the previous version to be listed. I've self-reverted. Cyphoidbomb (talk) 16:08, 14 May 2014 (UTC)
Neutrality of Reception section
The reception currently has four negative reviews with no attempt to present a balanced view of the series. If anybody can find some neutral or positive reviews to help bring the article to NPOV, that would be appreciated. Otherwise, I propose the removal of some of those other reviews. Cyphoidbomb (talk) 18:46, 28 September 2014 (UTC)
- Hello! There might be a reason for the issue at play here, and that there's simply very little positive press for The Looney Tunes Show. Finding favorable reviews of it will be considerably more difficult, although one I'd have no problem undertaking, since I happen to be a fan of the show myself. — Cinemaniac (talk • contribs) 20:16, 28 September 2014 (UTC)
- Hi there, I would counter-propose that if there is very little positive press for the series, we probably don't need to overdo it with a litany of negative press; one or two examples should suffice. However, JT904 made a good effort to find some balance in this edit. Cyphoidbomb (talk) 20:29, 28 September 2014 (UTC)