Talk:The Loyal Edmonton Regiment (4th Battalion, Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry)
ComRsch, NORAD/SAC, MilSpec ... here I am evidently incompetent.
Years on WikiPedia; decades on WWW ... which count for nothing. I went Army to interdict Soviets. For years I've felt the need to interdict yuppies ... along with cracKKKers, who are noisier but easier to deal with.
Here's my point: I had 2 images that I think are slight improvements on those that are already on the page. But I got slammed by a totally yuppie / ridiculously legalistic release for the images. (Why I live to support officers? cuz they're really good at some things that are important. Why I rejected commission / sing the praises of Snr NCO? cuz heh ... that's where sanity is!)
http://bentrem.net/75thr/images/LER-Colours.jpg (Very high res)
http://bentrem.net/75thr/images/LER-CapBadge.jpeg (Oh, to have that badge and a green beret!
--BenTrem (talk) 05:07, 29 June 2017 (UTC)
- The following is all #lateral:
- The best recording of the traditional version we'd recognize I found: http://bentrem.net/75thr/music/BonnieDundee.mp3
- Here? This one is older, "old timie" style and with lyrics!: http://bentrem.net/75thr/music/BonnieDundee-JBStuart_Traditional.mp3
- May I? an anecdote? Remembrance Day (Must have been 1971 cuz I was Cornwallis 1972.)
- Now fact is I'm born/bred N'n Alberta. So "cold"? We'd ice-fish at -20. (Which is not to diminish our heroes of wars past, I, II, Korea and etc.) But that November day?! When "Order Arms" came heh most of us could not straighten elbows! BUT: as we marched towards the reviewing stand, E along Jasper Ave ... God bless the man, our piper must have sprinted ahead of us through back alleys. As we approach ... Och Aye! Fear no Foe! There it was! (Oh my, I just teared up. Such good memories.)
- --ben (7208 Cornwallis, 7208 CFSCE Kingston) ==BenTrem (talk) 04:42, 29 June 2017 (UTC)