Talk:The Transformers (TV series)
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Thanks y'all for helping out the cause.
So the character list is growing, taking up more and more space, and it'll only get worse once all the characters are finally added. I wanted to see what people thought of:
-Who should and should not be included?
-In what order should they be arranged?
-Should combination transformers be lumped together?
-Should it be moved to a separate article?
-If so, which characters, if any, should still be listed in the main article?
My personal answers are:
-Any character, transformer or not, that appears in more than one episode (multi-part episodes counting as only one, and the movie counting as one)
-In order of first spoken line, except putting the two so-called leaders at the top (Optimus and Rodimus at the top of Autobots, Megatron and Galvatron at the top of Decepticons).
-I'm leaning toward yes. I don't see the need to list all the Aerialbots and the Stunticons separately.
-A completely subjective list of:
- Optimus Prime, Jazz, Bumblebee, Rodimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Galvatron, Cyclonus
However, subjectivity will only lead to arguments, as Transformers is serious business.
But this is all weird and I wanted to get a feel for what anyone else might think about it before doing it myself.
Peace and cookies, WallyCuddeford 08:02, 4 May 2006 (UTC)
- I'm gonna say yeah, it needs to be a separate article, if we're going to list absolutely every recurring character. Perhaps add Ultra Magnus to your list of characters that should be included on this page, and that'd do it. Chris McFeely, May 4th 2006, 11:10am
- How about this, create articles for the different seasons, so you don't have to put all of the characters on this single page. That way we can put the relevent characters into their relevent seasons. Glenn Browne, May 4th 2006, 13:50pm
about the character list
- I added some more color to the tables
- I added the autobats/decepticons symbols (if you would find a better way to combine them in the tables/in the headlines, please do so)..
- is it just me or does the whole table seem a bit too full?
I think it might be best to split each charecter row into two rows and putting the bio of the character in the second row (the same way they did this table)
- I think the character list devservs it's own page/article.
What Station Did it air on?
keep up the good work..! --Acidburn24m 18:31, 9 May 2006 (UTC)
Connection to GI Joe
Is the Tansformers series officially connected to GI Joe series, pls respond
- Also, Cobra Commander made a guest appearance in the 3rd season episode "Only Human." Bluebomber4evr 22:50, 21 October 2007 (UTC)
Does any one know who designed the original Autobot and Decepticon head insignias? --188.8.131.52 22:20, 13 August 2006 (UTC)
needs cleanup of excess wiki pipe links. Anomo 05:44, 4 October 2006 (UTC)
- Better yet, it seems that the length of this article is quite excessive for a TV show. I feel bad coming in and complaining, but not offering much in the way of constructive critisism, but this is really fan-centric. As someone who barely remembers the show looking for a quick description about the main plot, characters, etc, the length is crazy. Again, sorry to complain... CSZero 16:52, 12 July 2007 (UTC)
- Oh for the love of Optimus! I can't help but agree with CSZero on this one. As a kid who grew up with the show and left it behind in 1987, I came looking for a refresher of the show--something folks go to WP to find--and felt completely overwhelmed by the barrage. I was expecting a quick once-over summary that was much more readable than what's currently there. Boy, was I disappointed! By paragraph 2, I'm trying to decipher Japanese linguistics when that sort of stuff needs to be tossed or at least put much further down in the article, somewhere between "stuff you don't really need to know" and "stuff only true fans would ever be interested in reading." 184.108.40.206 (talk) 06:49, 5 March 2011 (UTC)
The seasons included in the timeline are just speculated based on when the show itself aired. The notion that the latter half of Season 2 took place in 1986 is directly contradicted by a late-end episode, "Starscream's Brigade," which featured an on-screen text caption dating the events of the episode to 1985. - Chris McFeely 20:22, 9 December 2006 (UTC)
Somebody wrote about the PSAs:
"Five proposed PSAs were created for the second season of the series, but never actually aired on television"
I distinctly remember seeing them on air when I was a kid. Does anyone have a source for this either way? Is it perhaps nation specific (As in, they aired in U.S. but not in England)?
If nobody can source this either way, it should soon be changed to "Five PSAs were produced for the series", without commenting to whether they aired or not.WallyCuddeford 04:52, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
Maybe I haven't read the article close enough. But, shouldn't we mention, about the fact the Autobots have 'blue' eyes & the Decepticons have 'red' eyes? It's consistant througout the TV series. GoodDay 23:14, 23 February 2007 (UTC)
Transformers series DVDs
(insult to my ears; response)
I've bought that cool tin boxet with everything G1 (all four seasons and a movie). I was all happy when I received it via mail, but... really I can't watch it... I really really am not capable of watching it... I tried, I can't... I sit there and just lose my nerves. Everything can be tolerated... but... man... those "soundefects"... Is that some joke? Is that some malice? Is that some provocation? - It's so random it's so senseless, it's so meaningless, so out of the essence of it all. It distracts. It disturbs. It IRRITATES the hell out. I can't believe the level of dumb will of the persons GUILTY for that genocide - they modified (in that idiotic way) all of the episodes that matter most... They masacred it. They pi**ed and then they s*ited on it all. And then they pi**ed on it some more. With that they said to all of the fans, written with huge letters - they said: "F*CK YOU." and drew oIo (a p*nis) and a smiley under it. They could as well employ some moron to do those " oh, so, brand **new** special effects" with his f*cken mouth saying "PEECHOW! WHAM! KA-BOOM! NEEEAAAWWW! E-E-E-E-E! BOOM! PEECHOW! PEECHOW!!!". I don't give a freakin' damn about 5.1 or even Stereo. I don't give a damn about 35mm film. I'm outraged. It is an insult to my ears. Give me the freaking stuff as it was before and don't try to be smart about it all in any way... (I think that says enough; and I think that I say it for all of the fans (I'm just plain old dissatisfied when something is done so lamely and so random and so senselessly (one can contradict to my oppinion, but that's only until he tries to watch that bad joke of a DVD)))
+ :) Oh, yeah - and - can someone here tell me where and what I should buy so it's the way it should be (and that's: DVDs with unaltered original recordings that were originaly broadcsted)?
One more thing: if you're really thinking of buying any of these "remasterd" sh*ts, I who 'bought it' have an advice for you - just four words: DO . NOT . BUY . IT . (STOP) (that is - until they decide to make a decent remastered edition that is not an insult to an ear)
A little question... currently Transformers is stated as American animation. Is that correct? The content of the article even contradicting itself by stating that it was animated by TOEI. Additionaly, the article's background story about Takara's toys also did not support the statement. As far as I know this series is a combined works of Japanese and American, not purely American, as in case of Power Ranger (which only borrows properties design). 220.127.116.11 08:55, 3 July 2007 (UTC)
- Well, the infobox itself doesn't match the statement. Draconins 09:00, 3 July 2007 (UTC)
I seem to remember in "autobot spike" episode 1 of season 2 when spike is taken to the hospital that the doctor that comes out asks for "chester witwicky" in the comic books he is named William and even Irving (William Irving Witwicky?) Does anybody have the series on disk to check this out? Schrammbo1965 15:39, 6 July 2007 (UTC)
- Just watched this episode. The doctor says "Mr. Witwicky." Bluebomber4evr 22:46, 21 October 2007 (UTC)
RE: Animation Mistakes and Octane
The section about animation/writing mistakes talks about Octane and Blitzwing and infers that Octane's exile was a mistake and meant to be Blitzwing instead. This is not true. Octane's exile is a separate issue from Blitzwing's. Octane was exiled because of the events of the episode "Thief in the Night," as recounted to Sandstorm in the episode "Starscream's Ghost." Watch both episodes back-to-back (they're in that order on the Rhino DVD release of the 3rd season) and you can verify that this is the case.--Bluebomber4evr 02:27, 4 August 2007 (UTC)
This article is in desperate need of sources! I'd hate to see it get taken down, anyone have an idea of where such information (interviews, etc.) can be found?--Bluebomber4evr 00:24, 8 November 2007 (UTC)
I like the inclusion of "Season 5" but as it is presented it implies that there actually was a fifth season. Perhaps the section title could be altered in some way to display a virtual fifth season but displaying the section title in quotes?RedKnight (talk) 19:49, 8 May 2010 (UTC)
Sorry, I'm not sure where to write. I have a proposal. t would be nice to add a video intro and outro to the description of each season. That's good quality: season 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae-Pl-Q34ng season 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo45xY6K8zE season 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aASYfqP9414 season 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7UwWlnA1qg — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 15:20, 8 June 2011 (UTC)
I am not sure this the place to say, but I think Beachcomber needs his own article. Beachcomber is relatively notable in the TV show (though is seems he does not appear in any other continuity), I would make it myself, but I don't know how to source, and I do not know much about Beachcomber. If somebody would help. Ig44165 (talk) 16:31, 4 May 2014 (UTC)