Talk:The Walking Dead (TV series)
|The Walking Dead (TV series) has been listed as one of the Media and drama good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Threads older than 90 days may be archived by.|
Semi-protected edit request on 26 January 2017
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
restructuring due to MOS:TVPLOT changes
This section of the Manual of Style (WP:TVPLOT) was recently updated, based on this discussion by a select cadre of editors. (The discussion and the changes resulting from it are themselves being discussed here.)
The update to MOS:TVPLOT includes:
- "Just having a plot summary is not allowed". There cannot be a plot summary unless it establishes context for later content on production, reception, themes, etc.
- "An article should not have both an episode table and a prose summary."
- If there is a separate article for the episode list, then the series article's plot summary (overview or premise) should be "around 100 words per season".
- Articles on individual episodes should have a plot summary of "no more than 400 words."
- In addition to plot sections, the lead "should contain a sentence or two to summarize the overall storyline."
I'm not sure how set in stone this is, whether a new consensus might be formed in protest. But as it stands, there would have to be some restructuring of TWD articles to bring them in line with the new guideline. I'd appreciate opinions and discussion from other editors. (And, of course, you can join the discussion at MOS if you are so inclined.) – Reidgreg (talk) 18:53, 2 February 2017 (UTC)
Semi-protected edit request on 8 February 2017
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
Add that Olivia, from Alexandria, was killed by Arat. Arat had the chance to kill anyone she wanted, but she chose Olivia due to their first meeting. Tracking back to their first meeting, Olivia was almost killed because she did not fully keep track of two weapons that had gone "missing", only to be found in Spencer's home.
(This is just a backstory on her death, but you only need to add that Arat killed her. Also, her name in the comics is Tara, but they didn't want two Taras so they gave her the name Arat, Tara backwards. Gav240 (talk) 14:56, 8 February 2017 (UTC)
- Not done: it's not clear what changes you want to be made. Please mention the specific changes in a "change X to Y" format. Sir Joseph (talk) 20:56, 16 February 2017 (UTC)
Episode intro wording for season premieres.
There is an editor that believes the wording for season premiere episodes should read in this way: "First Time Again" is the first episode of the sixth season and 68th episode overall of the post-apocalyptic horror television series The Walking Dead, which aired on AMC on October 11, 2015. Prior to this editors changes (they claim it was this way before but the diffs beg to differ), it read: "First Time Again" is the sixth season premiere and 68th episode overall of the post-apocalyptic horror television series The Walking Dead, which aired on AMC on October 11, 2015. To me it makes more sense to write it as the "sixth season premiere and 68th episode overall", not "first episode of the sixth season", even though both technically make sense. The editor seems to be taking ownership of the articles that he/she changes and reverted my good faith edits in what I consider NOT good faith. It makes sense to me anyway to list it the way I had it written, sixth season premiere, or fifth season. What say other editors who know this project better? I am not attempting to start anything with any editor, it just seems like there wasn't good faith in the reversion and I feel like there is ownership going on. Thanks ḾỊḼʘɴίcả • Talk • I DX for fun! 21:00, 2 May 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on The Walking Dead (TV series). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20101217070222/http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/12/2011-golden-globes-nominations-glee-30-rock-lead-tv-nominations.html to http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/12/2011-golden-globes-nominations-glee-30-rock-lead-tv-nominations.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.