Can someone put a link to an article that explains "by wire transfers"? Guaka 8 July 2005 16:23 (UTC)
- Wire_transfer appears to now do at least some of what was being sought. Deficiencies should be dealt with at talk:Wire_transfer.
--Jerzy•t 14:35, 13 July 2016 (UTC)
- User:Chriscf was (and i 'spose might again be) an editor who piped (below, and FAIK elsewhere) their sigs to "Chris". They ceased editing with that account a month or so later.
--Jerzy•t 14:50, 13 July 2016 (UTC)
I posted the link to the MoS on dab pages for a reason, it specifies when to break things out into sections, and where to place what types of links in a page. I made a number of changes per the MoS. Could you take some time to explain your rationale for reverting? Thanks. -- Stbalbach 17:30, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
- It would have something to do with not being able to find anything in the MoS to support your change. Chris cheese whine 17:35, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
See Order of entries and Synonyms - entries that don't actually use the name "wire" in the word are listed as "may also be" - since we are dab'ing the word "wire" for navigation purposes. Also the more common usages are listed higher up in the list. -- Stbalbach 17:45, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
- I reviewed those sections in the MoS, and I support the changes that Stbalbach was attempting to make. --Paul W. 20:11, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
For those interested, there's a discussion about splitting wire and then having that namespace redirect to this disambiguation page. See Talk:Wire#How_about_separating. Wizard191 (talk) 15:53, 16 March 2011 (UTC)
- Our colleague surely was (grossly mis-) using the expression "that namespace" to refer to the wiki page titled "wire", within the namespace called (potentially misleadingly) the Article namespace, and about one or more proposals to redistribute its content among two or more articles, each linked to appropriately from the new version of wire.
Actually, the "article namespace" is the namespace that is shared on WP primarily among
- 1. 'pedia articles including article stubs,
- 2. Dab pages for article titles, and
- 3. (most of) our Redirect pages: specifically, those Redirect pages that point at article pages.
- And, BTW, perhaps somewhat less confusingly, the colleague must have been (as is much more common than such misuse of "namespace") using "this disambiguation page" to mean a concept like
- Now, that may well not help, and i also note that consulting our article namespace worked wonders for me, long ago.
--Jerzy•t 01:42, 14 July 2016 (UTC)