|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
The Fifth Dwarfer
It says that this needs a citation, I just thought it was worth mentioning that this was said on the Second Series DVD, in the 'A-Z of Red Dwarf', by Craig Charles, Chris Barrie, Danny John-Jules and Norman Lovett; thought it was better letting people know and discuss here rather than simply changing the page. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 22:54, 16 March 2009 (UTC)
Name - Hawksworth
I seem to remember reading somewhere (or it is possible that an acquaintence who knew him from the tennis circuit in Brighton told me) that he was born Tony (Anthony) Hawksworth (or possibly Hawksworthy ). But I can't find anything online about this. Mintguy (T) 09:48, 24 Feb 2004 (UTC)
- This would seem to confirm what you say. "Hawksworth family is artistically inclined, as Peter’s son Tony Hawks is a prominent British writer and actor" Jooler 11:34, 4 June 2006 (UTC)
This is the Chorus was better than Stutter Rap reckons I.
- In One Hit Wonderland Hawks explains that Stutter Rap was bought by kids whose older siblings were Beastie Boy fans, in order to annoy them. Since many of these kids were SAW fans, This is the Chorus managed to alienate the established audience. Daibhid C 11:20, 29 May 2006 (UTC)
The page for number one singles, states that Stutter Rap reached number 2 in Australia. List_of_Number_1_singles_in_Australia_during_the_1980s. Which article is right? Duncanbourne 13:30, 6 December 2006 (UTC)
date of birth
I am going to translate this article into German. I think, there is something missing. So my question: Is there any serious information about his age or his date of birth? Thanks so far, sme
References in popular culture
I've deleted the reference to the Mitchell and Webb sketch, as the character in the sketch was a thinly-veiled Dave Gorman, not Tony Hawks. (In particular, he mentions having a flatmate who writes similar books - that would be Danny Wallace.) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 23:17, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
I have restored the hatnote disambiguation line with
- This article is about the English comedian and writer. Not to be confused with the Tony Hawk's game series, skateboarder Tony Hawk or basketball player Tony Hawke.
The previous hatnote was removed on 19:28, 22 March 2012 by Spanglej who said "Subjects with different spelt names don't need hatnotes". This is a misunderstanding- as Wikipedia:Hatnote states, "Hatnotes are meant to reduce confusion and direct readers to another article they might have been looking for" and "hatnotes are meant to reduce confusion", and Hawks himself has plenty of experience of people mistaking him for Tony Hawk(!), so it's quite likely to be useful here.
Apparently Jon Stewart was right (c. 00:16:00) that his former sigoth left him but article could still use more on family since apparently married (not just "partner"). — LlywelynII 04:30, 2 September 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Tony Hawks. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130126143207/http://www.tony-hawks.com/philanthropy.php to http://www.tony-hawks.com/philanthropy.php
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.