|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to this noticeboard. If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 Rewriting needed
- 2 Tre's Accordion Skills
- 3 neo nazi accusations
- 4 Picture?
- 5 Ultimate Drummer?
- 6 Name (and Source of French Accent Mark)
- 7 Guitar?
- 8 Profanity and Spelling Mistakes
- 9 Picture
- 10 Contradiction
- 11 Vandalism
- 12 Information
- 13 third child????
- 14 German-American?
- 15 youngest member of band
- 16 vandalism
- 17 Tré Cool
- 18 tagged for copypaste
- 19 File:Tredrums5.jpg Nominated for Deletion
- 20 Personal life section
- 21 I don't mean to cause any rift
- 22 Personal life
- 23 Move?
ZDFH This article needs to be rewritten to express a NPOV. The article, especially the "Role in the Band" section reads like a fan page. Ichabod 12:00, 3 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Tre's Accordion Skills
I know that ZDFHTre can play accordion. I'm noZDFHZt sure where it would fit in this article though? I know several GZDFHreen Day fansite will tell you he plays accordion and he also is shown playing one in the filmclip for 'Last Ride Out' if you need proof. :)Kokiri kid 0DFHZ9:20, 25 March 2006 (UTC)
neo nazi accusations
DFH these arDFZHe insanse. I removed them.--Alhutch 04:58, 21 January 2006 (UTC)
The Neo Nazi accusations are no mDFore insane than composing 50 little two bit articles on NFL football players. To remove them simply because you do not agree is unjustified. You have no arguments nor evidence against this article. --Kerryisfrench
- I find them completely out of hand. Please source your statements, or we will unfortunately have to have them removed. Also, it is proper wiki style to not sign your name inside of the article space. Thanks, and welcome to Wikipedia! Kareeser|Talk! 00:08, 22 January 2006 (UTC)
Even if you had no evidence against these accusations, you have no obligation to post that.--JJ
If he would be a nazi, maybe he also would be an American Football player. He would never bother to neither form or join a grunge band. That would be gay (as in daft). —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 01:13, 25 March 2010 (UTC)
Could someone upload a good quality picture of this guy, please?
- Hi 5ii, the page would look nicer with a picture of Tré, however, I don't have a good picture to upload. If you could find a picture, perhaps you could upload it yourself, or tell me where it is... Kareeser|Talk! 21:57, 17 February 2006 (UTC)
- I have no idea how to upload pictures, sorry. I do have a few pictures though. What kind of one would be suitable?
- Awwww dang :( I have a normal one. How'd I go about uploading it, or giving it to you so you could upload it? 5ii
Don't worry about picture at polish Wiki there's no picture about someone of this band. Mataga 13:34, 24 February 2006 (UTC)
Good news, Everyone!
I finally found a picture of Tré and have uploaded it. Hope that helps!
Bad news, Everyone!
The picture got deleted.
Micoolio101 06:05, 10 June 2006 (UTC)Micoolio101
- Hi Slayer, your edit was removed because it violate's Wikipedia' premise of a Neutral Point of View. Stating that Tre is the ultimate drummer is a personal opinion (or the opinion of a select few, and not the majority) violates that policy. Happy Editing! Kareeser|Talk! 00:09, 8 March 2006 (UTC)
Well we could say that Green Day Proclaim Him As the Ultimate Drummer? Slayerx675 16:14, 7 May 2006 (UTC)
- I'm sure every band proclaims their drummer to be the best. I don't think it's relavant, though I concur with the sentiment!--Jude 23:23, 8 October 2006 (UTC)
Yeah, he is the most ultimate awesome drummer in the world. 220.127.116.11 22:01, 20 March 2007 (UTC) Jimmy
Not a chance
Name (and Source of French Accent Mark)
Trés (pronounced tray) in french means very. so his name means very cool.
Does anybody not know that? 18.104.22.168 19:22, 16 October 2006 (UTC)
I didn't 22.214.171.124 22:02, 20 March 2007 (UTC) Jimmy
Consolodated unsigned comments:
- Actually, the correct spelling in french is "très cool", not "trés cool". Be careful of those treachous accents!
- The French for "very cool" isn't "trés cool" but "très cool".
"Trè", or "Tre", or "Trey" also means three (Tre in Italian) and is used by many people who are a third of their name (such as Ernest Joseph "Trey" Anastasio III of Phish) So, since his real name is Frank Edwin Wright III, another reason for the nickname could be because he is a third. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 16:31, 15 August 2008 (UTC)
Are there any official sources out there for whether his name has an accent at all? I note that the Greenday site often omits the accent mark (preferring just "Tre").KevinCuddeback (talk) 23:11, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
There is a citation on the page to a Larry Livermore blog post showing that Tre Cool should be spelled without an accent. Somebody should change the title/name of the page ASAP. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 19:13, 13 February 2011 (UTC)
Do we really need to have the part where it says that it is "implied" that Tre can play guitar? He actually CAN play guitar, its confirmed: He is the guitarist in 'All By Myself' and 'Like A Rat Does Cheese'. There are pictures of him playing guitar at the DC101 interview where he played 'Like A Rat Does Cheese' too. If anyone is still not convinced, I'll be glad to send out the picture :] Acidophilisation 21:09, 21 March 2006 (UTC)
Yeah ive seen videos of him playing guitar and pictures
Heres a video of Tré playing All By Myself and Dominated love slave. This also proves Billie Joe can play drums. Tre Playing guitar on youtube —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Doyler (talk • contribs) .
Profanity and Spelling Mistakes
I realise that some of the music has swearing in it, but does an encyclopedia need to have that in it?
Also, there are some spelling and grammar mistakes that need to be run through spell check.
- Dude you sound like my grandma..seriously..
- Please sign your comments!
- I ran a spell check through the article, as requested. The only debatable spelling is in this paragraph:
About his influences, Tré confesses that he is mostly influenced by the legendary Keith Moon, whom he idolizes and who is a clear inspiration over his own drumming duties. He also says that as well as admiring his other favourite drummers like Charlie Watts and Ginger Baker, he also endeavours to stand on his own and be an original and stand-out drummer.
- I suppose you could mean the words "Favourite" and "Endeavours" which are the British-English spellings of the words, and are completely acceptable. Please let us know exactly what you perceive as "spelling and grammar mistakes" and I'll get right on it!--Jude 23:42, 8 October 2006 (UTC)
This article needs a picture. 184.108.40.206 20:28, 2 July 2006 (UTC)
- Thank you for pointing this out! However, there's already a headline for this, please pay better attention.--Jude 23:44, 8 October 2006 (UTC)
- I agree. http://media.photobucket.com/image/tre%20cool%202010/xXbilliejoeHot98Xx/world%20tour%202010/MA8.png?o=1 Joseph507357 (talk) 18:21, 2 April 2011 (UTC)
Amazingly, this article manages to contradict itself. It says that "Tré does, however, have some songwriting credits and vocals on the band's albums. He wrote/sang the bonus track "All by Myself" on Dookie..." (Role In Green Day). However, the trivia section says that "Tré Cool did not actually write the song All by Myself. Billie Joe did." Evidently these sections were added by different authors. I'd have corrected it myself, however I'm unsure which one is actually true. So, if possible, could anyone get onto fixing this? Lukasa 20:27, 15 July 2006 (UTC)
- The information is still debatable. As I heard it, when dookie first came out, "All By Myself" was written by Billie Joe, performed by Tré Cool. I think it would be best to say that Tré sings and plays guitar on the track, and not mention who wrote it. Thank you for pointing that out!--Jude 23:27, 8 October 2006 (UTC)
Is there any way that more people could watch this article. I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the changes that are being made.
Now it says his origin is Laytonville, California. I thought he was born in Frankfurt!?--Jude 06:36, 22 December 2006 (UTC)
just so everybody knows on the original copies of dookie it says billie joe wrote all by myself and tre sang so.... there ya go
Who took all the information off this article? James P Twomey 19:57, 26 May 2007 (UTC)
I read on this page a while ago that tre was dating a canadian girl and she was pregnant. if anyone knows anything about that please post here:D —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 01:23:20, August 19, 2007 (UTC)
Let's clear this up. Is he actually half German and half American to be included in the German - Americans category or is he "German" because his father was an american soldier stationed in Germany? If this is actually the case, he definitely should be in this category. Norum (talk) 23:20, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
- Actually, the German (BRD) Authrities used to have a rigid policy on nationality. If you were like 20 or so amounts of generations away from Germany, you would be entitled to a German passport merely for existing. Seems liberal, but that was just half of it. Up until 1998, just being born in Germany was never good enough for having a (non-naturalized) Nationality of Germany, and it did take some cleaning up from the Chancellor of that time: Gerhard Schröder. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 01:11, 25 March 2010 (UTC)
- It certainly makes sense to refer to him as German American. The article and its references are unclear as to whether he was born to a soldier stationed in Germany or who had relocated there; the fact that he grew up in California strongly suggests the former. He's categorized as an American (of German descent), so it makes little sense to just refer to him as German in the lede. I'm changing it to German American. --BDD (talk) 16:43, 22 October 2012 (UTC)
youngest member of band
There's a note at the beginning of the bio section that states he is the youngest member of the band. I don't challenge the accuracy of the statement, but I don't think its notable enough to warrant mentioning, especially at the beginning of the article. As all 3 members of the band were born in the same year (1972), to say they are all the same age carries a more accurate connotation than saying one is the youngest, which implies a somewhat significant age gap. Maybe if they were brothers it would be relevant, but they are not (to my knowledge) related in any way. It would be one thing if he were born in 72 and the other 2 guys with born in the mid-60s, or in the 80s, but as it is it seems like a pretty irrelevant piece of trivia.Aoystreck (talk) 07:27, 20 September 2009 (UTC)
somebody just changed the section title "biography" to "( . Y . )i like to go poo in mah diapers( . Y . )" which is offensive as "( . Y . )" reprsents breasts. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 04:45, 22 November 2009 (UTC)
tagged for copypaste
File:Tredrums5.jpg Nominated for Deletion
|An image used in this article, File:Tredrums5.jpg, has been nominated for deletion at Wikimedia Commons in the following category: Deletion requests July 2011
|A discussion will now take place over on Commons about whether to remove the file. If you feel the deletion can be contested then please do so (commons:COM:SPEEDY has further information). Otherwise consider finding a replacement image before deletion occurs.|
Personal life section
Why was the "Personal life" section removed? Was it because there were no reliable sources or what? Just curious because it is relevant to the article and I assumed I should discuss it before re-adding it. --BLAguyMONKEY! (talk) 03:25, 28 August 2011 (UTC)
I don't mean to cause any rift
If anyone has any sources for the personal life section, please add them. Especially for the claim that he still lives with his ex-wife. I know that quite a few people regard that as true, but I've never seen a reliable source to support it. Since this is an article on a living person, any unsourced information will have to be removed. slimey01 03:05, 20 February 2012 (UTC)