|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I think that the best thing to do here would be to divide things up between Vertebrate trachea and Invertebrate trachea.
Just saying "insect" trachea (as i have in the past) is not fully correct, as insects are just one class within the arthropod phylum to be tracheate.Hello if you arte like 12 and under dont read this is doesnt make sense trustr me
There's also another invertebrate trachea, i believe in molluscs, that should be mentioned.
So the question is now... do we want two pages with a disambiguation page for "Trachea" or do we want to keep the two sections on one page?
I'm inclined to go with the disambiguation.
In that case, the merge should go ahead, with the vertebrate trachea page. james waters 20:24, 7 December 2005 (UTC)
- agreed - perhaps Tracheal system would be an appropriate title for the inverts (c.f. Malpighian tubule system) Goldfinger820 21:28, 19 April 2006 (UTC)
To the insect statement could added "...where oxygen is absorbed into the body." --azwaldo 19:42, 27 Dec 2003 (UTC)
- You may want to ask at Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Science. This page is for the discussion of the article, not questions about its subject, the trachea. Foobaz·o< 19:52, 19 September 2007 (UTC)
treachea explinactin for little kids
Proposed merge with Vertebrate trachea
Proposed merge with Invertebrate trachea
Lab grown trachea
I think it should be noted in the article that the scientists managed to grow trachea into laboratory and they successfully implanted them into patient's bodies. WSJ, April 30, 2013 - Daily Mail, 8 July 2011. — Ark25 (talk) 14:10, 30 May 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for pointing this out, Ark25. As you know Wiki is built around collaborative editing, and the best person to make the change is... you! If you feel this is noteworthy, how about you add a reference to this in the 'History' section? --LT910001 (talk) 20:33, 30 May 2014 (UTC)
Proposed merge with Tracheal rings
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Trachea. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120205043112/http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/VAn308/tracheal_ring9.htm to http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/VAn308/tracheal_ring9.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100626061509/http://fp.dl.kent.edu/hyork/catresp.htm to http://fp.dl.kent.edu/hyork/catresp.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.