|WikiProject Video games||(Rated Redirect-class)|
|The contents of the merged into Tribes (series) on August 13, 2015 and it now redirects there. For the contribution history and old versions of the merged article please see its history.page were|
I've blanked and locked this page, as people keep re-creating it, filled with nonsense, epithets and vandalism.
- Tribalwar is all about nonsence, thats why it is THERE. I Thought Wilipedia was all about truthfulness and corectness? The tribalwar page would not be correct without all of the things you stated above. WE THE USRS OF TRIBALWAR are editing it, not some schmuck that doesn't know anything about it: IE- you.
- Thank you, dear.
- Please be aware that personal attacks are forbidden on Wikipedia.
- Also, please try to understand that there is a difference between Tribalwar (let's call this "your project") and Wikipedia (let's call this "our project"). Nonsense is fine for yours, but not here.
- Have fixed up the text below a little.
-  is quite amusing, BTW.
- James F. (talk) 03:45, 29 Mar 2005 (UTC)
Tribalwar is big enough to have an article. I have asked some people on the thread that spawned this vandalism to work together on creating one. Unprotections/unblockings might come up. silsor 03:39, Mar 29, 2005 (UTC)
Suggested re-creation text
Tribalwar is an Internet forum that specialises in self-contradictory nonsense and meme Flash items. The two most well-known events that are claimed to have originated from there are the All your base are belong to us Flash movie and displaying the goatse image to a large number of users of CNN's and other news services' websites when they linked to the image on their servers shortly after the September 11th attacks.
Current Article Seems Fine
Certainly, Tribalwar (being the 64th largest vidgame message board, and being responsible for the Great CNN Goatse) is deserving of an article. I'm a bit concerned about the Chairgate and Labtop (though both are mentioned a lot on the forums), but since Tribalwar has and is probably worthy of an article in the first place, why not allow such TWish nonsense into this article? If it were all the article consisted of, or the site was unnotable, then I'd be more concerned. But that's false on both accounts. 188.8.131.52 01:13, 7 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Extremely lax moderation policy
this is nonsense. first of all, you have to wait 30 days before posting in GD and there are bannings probably everday, either temporary or permanent. it's untrue and makes it sound like a forum that it is not. if you want an article about a forum with extremely lax moderation see YTMND forums. o, wait that doesn't have an article.
- I agree, im on TW pretty much every second of my nonexistant life. Editing the article to make that part sound a bit more realistic now.DemonWeb 01:15, 21 April 2006 (UTC)
New page for reworking
All editors who wish to contribute to the new TW page, please focus your efforts here: Temporary page
Tribalwar has survived AfD
Link: Tribalwar's 1st AfD
Here is the result:
Along with the nomination:
ya Lenn0r 04:06, 18 August 2006 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:G4tvthing.jpg
Image:G4tvthing.jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images lacking such an explanation can be deleted one week after being tagged, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.
The notability of this site is not established by any credible third party citations. The citations are largely other messageboards. Many are broken links. I encourage the members to not take an active role here and allow independent editors to review / evaluate the site.184.108.40.206 (talk) 15:43, 8 August 2015 (UTC)
- I proposed a merge with the main Tribes article here, if anybody wants to contribute to that discussion. (Including members of the forum - having a conflict of interest doesn't prevent a person from discussing the article on its talk page.) --McGeddon (talk) 17:58, 8 August 2015 (UTC)
- This site is one of few remaining Tribes-related sites. Just because the owners of the old sites didn't renew their hosting (depriving this page of citations) doesn't mean that this page is any less relevant or important than it used to be. I would even argue that the influence in the Tribes community has been strengthened, as other former pillars of the community (websites) have since gone down. It is the repository of a vast history of articles and postings about an influential game series, and has since been expanded to include fitness, men's lifestyle discussions, a classified market, and even other games and hobbies. The site has broken out into its own, and should not be subverted into being a bulletpoint on another article. I'm rather unsure of what sparked this sudden "need" for reclassification; I know for a fact that a large number of users on this site like to edit things just so they can get their name attached to it to add to their "resume", but such changes only serve to undermine credibility of Wikipedia and alienate users who otherwise would have liked to contribute. BPinard 01:57, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
- We require independent, third-party, reliable sources to back claims; you provide none of those - many statements in article may also fail to provide them as well. We don't care about the Truth™ or your opinions, only what has been stated in independent literature. What deprives article from those is not domain renewal, but a lack of notability (a requirement for inclusion within the encyclopedia). Sources fail to demonstrate notability independent of Tribes series, so mayhaps merger is required - it is certainly not notable for these other claims. What undermines credibility are meat puppet SPAs and trolls which come here to disrupt the encyclopedia. Keep that on TW, not here. -- dsprc [talk] 02:56, 11 August 2015 (UTC)