|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Tropical rainforest article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Tropical rainforest has been listed as a level-4 vital article in Science, Physics. If you can improve it, please do. This article has been rated as B-Class.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I think the admin should give this page a semi-lock. It will prevent IP users from attacking this page on a regular basis. This has happened so much that it discourages productive contributors from improving the article. I don't know how to request a semi lock. Z22 (talk) 22:56, 12 March 2013 (UTC)
Some of the food found in the Tropical rainforest are Yam,Coffee,chocolate,bananna,mango,papaya,avacodo,sugercane,Bael,bignay,coconut palm, manioc, nipa palm, persimmon, sago palm, sugarplum, Taro, Water Lilly, Wild fig, wild rice, yam
Semi-protected edit request on 12 September 2014
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
- ksdlfdsfjf? sfjeerre!!! (You'll need to be a bit more specific). Thanks, Stickee (talk) 04:53, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
I can't imagine why this page has an edit lock...?! The introductory paragraph clearly needs tidying up. The second sentence doesn't make sense, for example. Davyker (talk) 23:49, 1 November 2016 (UTC)
- I agree - but also with with Z22 (see above) about vandalism and am attempting to clean-up ... please feel free to do the same Roy Bateman (talk) 03:47, 21 March 2017 (UTC)
Importance ... and is this always about Rainforest?
I have suggested that this page has high importance from an ecological point of view as well (hope you all agree!). It follows that we ought to try to improve quality and it seems to me that:
- There is often confusion between true rainforests and other tropical forests (TF: a forwarded page about a collective term); I have moved the information about the ITCZ and Indian monsoons to seasonal tropical forest.
- There is unnecessary repetition here about the different types of TF described fully in its page at Tropical and subtropical moist broadleaf forests.
- At least some of the web-linked references don't work any more.
Following considerable debate at: Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Tropical_forest, preceded by Talk:Tropical_and_subtropical_moist_broadleaf_forests, the 'generic' page tropical forest was created, with a recommendation that we "move some material from Tropical rainforest into it". Roy Bateman (talk) 13:26, 8 August 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 6 external links on Tropical rainforest. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110225204348/http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/view.php?id=28907 to http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/view.php?id=28907
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080225054655/http://www.radford.edu/~swoodwar/CLASSES/GEOG235/biomes/rainforest/rainfrst.html to http://www.radford.edu/~swoodwar/CLASSES/GEOG235/biomes/rainforest/rainfrst.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20081205135329/http://www.rainforests.net/variables.htm to http://www.rainforests.net/variables.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/06/brazils-indigeneous-awa-tribe_n_1574374.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20071228023650/http://www.uneptie.org/pc/tourism/sust-tourism/env-conservation.htm to http://www.uneptie.org/pc/tourism/sust-tourism/env-conservation.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.csrc.sr.unh.edu/~palace/cerrado/olson%20et%20al.%20%28world%20veg%20map%29.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.