|Typhoon Fitow has been listed as a Natural sciences good article under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do, and if it no longer meets these criteria, it can be reassessed.
Review: March 13, 2014. ( ).
|WikiProject Tropical cyclones / Storms||(Rated A-class, Mid-importance)|
- This review is transcluded from Talk:Typhoon Fitow/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
- "Typhoon Fitow was the strongest typhoon to make landfall in Mainland China during October since 1949." - Is there a specific storm from 1949? Or this is just a reference point, like how in the Atlantic we say stuff like, "the deadliest hurricane since the satellite era began"? By the way, shouldn't you mention in this sentence about PAGASA's name for this storm was?
- It's a reference point, but the source doesn't specify that it's a reference point, so I can't say that. As far as PAGASA name, meh, is it that important? ♫ Hurricanehink (talk) 18:43, 13 March 2014 (UTC)
- "the typhoon struck China at Fuding in Fujian province, with a landfall pressure of 955 mbar (28.2 inHg) according" - Wikilink landfall in here somewhere
- "In Japan, the typhoon damaged 1,464 houses and left about 6,800 households without power on Miyako-jima." - You have wikilinked China, the Philippines, and Taiwan. So you should wikilink Japan, too.
- "Fitow damaged about 95,000 houses, and left at least 159,000 other houses without power" - I'm not sure about this one, but I don't think a comma should be there.
- "or thunderstorms, about 310 kilometres (195 miles) north-northeast of Palau," - Why is kilometres and miles written out completely here, but abbreviated everywhere else?
- "On Okinawa, 288 flights at Naha Airport were canceled, affecting 28,000 people." - You should probably remain people that this is in Japan, because it is not only the start of a new paragraph, but an entirely new section.
- " overall 75,000 hectares (185,000 acres) of crops were flooded, including 46,800 ha (116,000 acres) in Wenzhou." - Why is hectares completely spelled out at the beginning of this sentence, but abbreviated toward the end?
- "and left ¥63.1 billion in damage (2013 RMB, $10.3 billion USD).[nb 3]" - Why did you wait until now to insert a note about the RMB to USD conversions? You could have done that in the lead.
- "Yuyao in Zhejiang reported a peak rainfall total of 803 millimetres (31.6 in), a record for the city," - Again, you have another unit that is completely spelled out, while the others are abbreviated.
- One last thing. Why is the Notes section below the References?
- That should be it. Fix/address these issues and I will have no problem with listing this article as a GA. Regards,--12george1 (talk) 15:32, 13 March 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 15 external links on Typhoon Fitow. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/advisories/ABPW10-PGTW_201309262200.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/advisories/ABPW10-PGTW_201309270600.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/advisories/WDPN33-PGTW_201309300900.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/advisories/WTPQ22-RJTD_201309301200.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/advisories/WDPN33-PGTW_201310010300.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/advisories/WDPN33-PGTW_201310011500.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/advisories/WDPN33-PGTW_201310020300.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/advisories/WDPN33-PGTW_201310021500.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/advisories/WDPN33-PGTW_201310031500.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/advisories/WDPN33-PGTW_201310040900.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/advisories/WDPN33-PGTW_201310050300.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/advisories/WDPN33-PGTW_201310050900.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/advisories/WDPN33-PGTW_201310051500.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/advisories/WDPN33-PGTW_201310060900.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/advisories/WTPN33-PGTW_201310062100.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.