Talk:Typographic unit

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

I have a Dutch book[edit]

I have a Dutch book here, that says, that Fourniers point was based on the "French foot" at that time, that is, not the King's foot (Pied du roi), but another one, less common, but not entirly arbitrary.Berteun 2 July 2005 20:01 (UTC)

There is a conflict here between what is said here regarding the invention of the point and what is said on the point page itself (in which a different frenchie is said to have invented the 'point' system). —The preceding unsigned comment was added by (talk) 15:15, August 21, 2007 (UTC)

measured FROM where TO where?[edit]

One rather obvious failing of this page (and of ) is that it is never stated where the measurements are taken from! Is it measured from the base of a capital letter that rests on the bottom type line to the typical top type line the measurement used? -the distance from the lowest reach of the longest lowercase letter to the highest reach of the tallest uppercase? Can someone who can answer this question definitively please add that information to the entry? Thanks! Bricology (talk) 04:05, 1 November 2009 (UTC)


See discussion here. — LlywelynII 15:48, 2 May 2015 (UTC)