Talk:USS Saugus (1863)/GA1
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- "defend against a sortie by the Confederate ironclads" Again here I think "Confederate" deserves a link.
- "Description and construction" doesn't have a link to a class article. Just wanted to see if this was intentional.
- I rarely put a main|class link, preferring to do that in the lede and the infobox.
- " spotted a line of breastworks that the enemy was building at Howlett's Farm" -- "enemy" should be avoided as I'm sure you know.
- It's what happens when I read too many primary sources.
- "Service" alternates between including and not including the "USS" prefix in ships mentioned.
- " Despite the bursting of one of her guns on 13 January, and the wounding of one crewman, the ship fired 212 shells during the battle." -- As phrased this implies the wounding of one crewman was a major hurdle to overcome. I assume you prefer to say "Despite the busting of one of her guns on 13 January, which wounded one crewman, the shop..."
- Your phrasing is better.
- "the monitor steamed to Cuba to investigate reports of mistreatment of Americans during a revolt there. " -- I've occasionally seen people pushing to not use "Americans" in articles in this context (technically Cubans are "Americans" by virtue of being from the Americas.
- Five duplicate links are showing up in the checker.
- One external link (the Cornell link) appears to be broken.
- No disambiguation links detected. I see no problems with article neutrality or stability. The images appear to be properly licensed.
- Placing the article on hold pending improvements. —Ed!(talk) 02:43, 26 March 2013 (UTC)