|WikiProject Australia / Demographics||(Rated Stub-class)|
Is this a good title? I really dislike it — it seems like very poor English to me, as it is 2 adjectives joined together, without a noun, and without a subject!
Wouldn't it be better to give it the title: Ukrainians in Australia? This would be consistent with many of the other pages that are in the "Ukrainian diaspora" category. --Pkravchenko (talk) 00:12, 10 November 2008 (UTC) Postscript: I noticed that all the Wikipedia categories for people by ethnic or national origin have now been standardised and renamed to the form: "... of ... descent". See the discussion here. So now, the category for this page is: Category:Australians of Ukrainian descent. Therefore, it would make a lot of sense to me to rename this page as well to "Australians of Ukrainian descent". --Pkravchenko (talk) 02:47, 11 March 2010 (UTC)
- Even better, all categories listing people's ethnicity have now been standardised in Wikipedia as: ...people of...descent. So the category for this page is now: Category:Australian people of Ukrainian descent. I therefore think this page should then be called Australian people of Ukrainian descent --Pkravchenko (talk) 02:53, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
Orphaned references in Ukrainian Australian
I check pages listed in Category:Pages with incorrect ref formatting to try to fix reference errors. One of the things I do is look for content for orphaned references in wikilinked articles. I have found content for some of Ukrainian Australian's orphans, the problem is that I found more than one version. I can't determine which (if any) is correct for this article, so I am asking for a sentient editor to look it over and copy the correct ref content into this article.
Reference named "ABS Country of Birth":
- From Welsh Australian: "20680-Country of Birth of Person (full classification list) by Sex - Australia" (MICROSOFT EXCEL DOWNLOAD). 2006 Census. Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
- From Uruguayan Australian: "20680-Country of Birth of Person (full classification list) by Sex - Australia" (MICROSOFT EXCEL DOWNLOAD). 2006 Census. Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 2008-06-02. Total count of persons: 19,855,288.
I apologize if any of the above are effectively identical; I am just a simple computer program, so I can't determine whether minor differences are significant or not. AnomieBOT⚡ 06:43, 20 November 2008 (UTC)
Image copyright problem with File:Jezza.jpg
The image File:Jezza.jpg is used in this article under a claim of fair use, but it does not have an adequate explanation for why it meets the requirements for such images when used here. In particular, for each page the image is used on, it must have an explanation linking to that page which explains why it needs to be used on that page. Please check
- That there is a non-free use rationale on the image's description page for the use in this article.
- That this article is linked to from the image description page.