Talk:United Nations Disengagement Observer Force
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Graphics is needed for the article. A great map can be found on the official UN site. But I'm unsure of the copyright status. --Kvasir 06:24, 19 July 2006 (UTC)
Anyone able to find the physical aspect of the seperation barriers? Details on checkpoints and fence to control entry would be great. Anything to demarcate the borders? --Kvasir 07:05, 25 April 2007 (UTC)
Civilian population inside the zone?
The article is very unclear on wheter there are syrian civilians living inside the zone. In addition to the deserted capital, some maps shows two additional villages. Were they evacuated too? Article says syrian police operates inside the zone. This giving an indication that syrian civilians are living there. But it would be very interesting to know how many syrians that lives inside the zone. 50? 1000? Or what? Are they all farmers or do they work for the UN?
- It is already mentioned in the article that the buffer zone is "inhabited". Good point, however, as numbers would be helpful and the types of economy happening within the zone. --Kvasir (talk) 21:51, 11 February 2010 (UTC)
My dad told me that there's a term for people who live in the Buffer Zone, but he can't remember what it was. Is there a name for this area, perhaps? "Nuetralistan" or something? 184.108.40.206 (talk) 23:30, 21 October 2010 (UTC)
Dates of October/Yom Kippur war is obviously wrong (by 3 years), so it might be worth to check all the other ones too.
As of 22/06/13, the Japanese and Croatian peacekeeping forces have fully withdrawn, while the Austrian Unit is in the process of pulling out. Article needs to be updated. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 20:42, 22 June 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on United Nations Disengagement Observer Force. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20141025164714/http://www.worldtribune.com/2013/03/07/syrian-rebels-abduct-un-observers-in-golan-heights/ to http://www.worldtribune.com/2013/03/07/syrian-rebels-abduct-un-observers-in-golan-heights/
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20140209193806/http://www.undof.unmissions.org:80/ to http://www.undof.unmissions.org/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.