- The following is a closed discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: No consensus to move after six weeks. Cúchullain t/c 16:46, 13 May 2015 (UTC)
United States Senate Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment → United States Senate Banking Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment – I believe this page was created by accident, all other U.S. Senate subcommittee names include the name of the full committee in the article title (e.g. Senate Armed Services Committee on Airland vs. Senate Subcommittee on Airland. This requested move brings this sole outlier back into the fold of all the other Senate subcommittee articles. --Relisted. Sunrise (talk) 04:37, 7 April 2015 (UTC) Nevermore27 (talk) 06:23, 30 March 2015 (UTC)
- Nevermore27 can you provide a link showing the use of the name. GregKaye 16:00, 30 March 2015 (UTC)
- I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to, but here are some examples of the current standard of subcommittee article titles.
- All subcommittees include the name of the committee that the subcommittee is under Hence the requested move for this page, the sole outlier. Nevermore27 (talk) 22:15, 30 March 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose - the supposed naming convention implied by this move request is daft, and needs rethinking. Not only is this naming scheme not used anywhere except Wikipedia, but it's also inaccurate. The full remit of the parent committee here is not just Banking, but Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs. Using just the first item of a multi-faceted committee remit in a subcommittee title leads to strange examples such as United States Senate Banking Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development. Clearly Housing, Transportation and Community Development have nothing to do with Banking, they relate to one of the other areas of the Committee. I think a better move would be to move all these subcommittees to titles which don't include the parent committee - presumably the names are all unique anyway. Thanks — Amakuru (talk) 15:03, 15 April 2015 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.