Talk:United States congressional delegations from Minnesota
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Dean Barkley is shown as holding office way too long. He did not get appointed until after the death of Paul Wellstone in October of 2002 and was out office in 2003 when the new senator Norm Coleman was sworn into office.
- Facts verified. U.S. Congress Biographical Directory Barkley (who, interestingly, was the losing candidate in the previous election for this post)was appointed shortly after the Death of Sen. Wellstone. He "took the oath of office in Minnesota on November 5, 2002, and served until January 3, 2003," so the chart should be modified to reflect this, and probably appended with a footnote. ~ Ross (ElCharismo) 14:46, 28 February 2006 (UTC)
there should be other footnotes added as well for example HHH died in Jan 78 so he served during the 1977-79 session also Dunberger (spell) was sworn in in Nov 78 so he also served in that session Smith03 23:15, 10 November 2006 (UTC)
I think until newly elected candidates are sworn in, they should be labeled as Senator-Elect and Members of Congress-Elect, since there are unfortunate scenarios whereby they might not ever serve. Appraiser 19:16, 7 November 2006 (UTC)
- Fortunately, should something happen between Nov 7 and Jan 3 that renders them unable to serve, we can edit it. :) But yeah, it's a simple enough matter to note that the 110th congress hasn't been sworn in yet. --Golbez 20:53, 7 November 2006 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on United States congressional delegations from Minnesota. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140222045635/http://www.nationalatlas.gov/printable/congress.html to http://nationalatlas.gov/printable/congress.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.