Talk:Universal City Studios, Inc. v. Reimerdes
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Universal City Studios, Inc. v. Reimerdes article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Law||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject United States||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
Trial: Universal City Studios, Inc. v. Reimerdes, 111 F.Supp.2d 294 (S.D.N.Y. 2000). (PDF from MPAA)
This resource appears to be no longer available ItsProgrammable 02:56, 30 October 2006
Shouldn't this page at least redirect from "Universal v. Corley", considering that fact that Reimerdes just settled? --126.96.36.199 07:48, 8 November 2007 (UTC)
- Ummm, it does. Try this: Universal v. Corley. The redirect has been there since 2004. Maybe you typed it wrong when you tried it.--agr 10:16, 8 November 2007 (UTC)
I'm not sure where this should go at present:
On December 27th, 1999, a law firm for DVD CCA, Weil, Gotshal & Manges, sent out e-mails to 93 individuals, noticing them of a temporary restraint order they were seeking against them less than 48 hours later in Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara. The case was called "DVD CCA v. McLaughlin, et al."
- Andrew Thomas McLaughlin, California: http://mclaughlin.orange.ca.us/~andrew
- Andrew Bunner, California http://www.sharedlib.org/decss.zip
- John V. Kew, California http://www.logorrhea.com/deCSS.html
- Scott Karlins, Georgia http://www.theresistance.net/files.html
- Glenn Rosenblatt, New York http://www.pzcommunications.com/decss/main.html
- Dale Emmons, Wisconsin http://www.frozenlinux.com/civ/decss
- Emmanuel Goldstein, New York http://www.2600.com/news/1999/1112.html
- Douglas R. Winslow, Maryland http://douglas.min.net/~drw/css-auth and http://chatzone.org/~drw/css-auth
- Jonathan Blank, Oklahoma http://caspian.twu.net/dvd
- Roger Kumar, Pennsylvania http://www.bigteam.org
- Robert Jones (DeCSS), South Carolina http://www.dev.zero.org/freecss.html
- En Hong, Georgia http://www.dvd-digest.com
- Matthew Robert Pavolich, Indiana http://www.livid.on.openprojects.net
- Ian A. Gulliver, New York http://www.gullii.stu.rpi.edu/dvd
- Jon Hanson, Kansas http://www.jonhanson.com/dvd
- David M. Chan, Minnesota http://www.dumn.edu/~dchan/css
- Cameron Simpson, Dundas Valley, Australia http://www.zip.com.au/~cs
- Tom Vogt, Wedel, Denmak http://www.lemuria.org/DeCSS
- Cyril Amsellem, Val de Marne, France http://www.dvd-area.com
- Thorsten Fenk, Germany http://tasam.com/~fenkt/dvd
- Adrian Baugh, Oxford, England http://merlin.kebble.ox.ac.uk/~adrian/css/mirrors.html
(NOTE: Wedel says that it is a German town.)
In addition, 500 John Does, with 72 identified in the complaint by a URL alleged to be hosting CSS related material
John Vandenberg 10:53, 4 May 2007 (UTC)
(Note: Not only is Wedel a german town, but also Tom Vogt is german and lemuria.org traces to Germany. It's likely that the DVD CCA lawyers simply confused the two countries.) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 22:09, 14 November 2007 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Universal City Studios, Inc. v. Reimerdes. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20000301030428/http://www.dvd-copy.com/ to http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?q=111+F.+Supp.2d+294&hl=en&as_sdt=2,5&case=4887310188384829978&scilh=0
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20000301030428/http://www.dvd-copy.com/ to http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=6767201706448209578&q=273+F.3d+429&hl=en&as_sdt=2,5
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20000301030428/http://www.dvd-copy.com/ to https://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=4887310188384829978&q=111+F.+Supp.2d+294&hl=en&as_sdt=2002
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20000301030428/http://www.dvd-copy.com/ to http://www.eff.org/IP/Video/MPAA_DVD_cases/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.