Talk:University of Canberra
|WikiProject Universities||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Australia / Canberra / Education||(Rated Start-class)|
A editor has just recently added an "Other" section detailing the deaths of two UC students - one murdered, the other struck-down by a speeding vehicle. I would think this un-notable (unfortunate, but), unless they had a particularly profound affect on campus. They don't compare to, say, the Monash shootings. Should it be removed and the associated article (on the murdered student) vfd'd?--Cyberjunkie | Talk 13:02, 6 September 2005 (UTC)
- Both incidents were reported all over the media nationwide, and are big issues in Canberra. But whatever everyone else thinks Astrokey44 13:48, 6 September 2005 (UTC)
I have just removed <a name> from notable alumni. As far as I can tell he writes articles for the uni newspaper. If I am wrong please feel free to re-add him with proof of notability. --Martyman-(talk) 01:30, 28 October 2005 (UTC)
notable alumni moved why?
The list of notable alumni for UC section was moved to List_of_University_of_Canberra_people, despite only being five lines long. It's relevent to the article, and I see no reason for it to have been moved, unless Petaholmes now plans on expanding it.
Frob 05:16, 10 January 2006 (UTC)
- Lists of this sort are not well liked when incorporated into a larger (prose) article. The split was made for consistencies sake as many of the other university articles are also being split in this way. --Martyman-(talk) 06:28, 10 January 2006 (UTC)
I've just reduced the following entry in the alumni section. if Mr Bullock is notable then all this would be better suited to a seperate article.
* Tim Bullock, former NSW Rugby League Academy Team Member, former NSW Country Rugby Union Player, Mid North Coast 1st Grade Zone Half Back, Potential Australian 7s Player, Most Consistant player u15 Port Macquarie Sharks RLFC, Best and Fairest u17 Port Macquarie Sharks RLFC, Captain MacKillop Snr College 1st13 (winning best and fairest award in first year), Selected in NSW Northern Country RL squad 2002, Port Macquarie Pirates RU Club 2003 Best Back/1st Grade rookie of the year, Trialled with Sydney Roosters RL Club, Trialled with South Sydney RL Club, Selected in APC RU squad 2004, NSW CCC Touch football team member 2001, really good Rugby 07 PS2 player
Chris Bradshaw 13:07, 5 March 2007 (UTC)
Potential Conflict of Interest
It seems a number (more than 1) recent editors to this article are staff of University of Canberra. All editors are reminded of the guidelines on WP:OWN, WP:COI and WP:ADVERT. Michellecrisp 02:35, 3 August 2007 (UTC)
- See what you think - I've added a more balanced ranking reference and removed the POV tag. -- Jtneill - Talk 14:35, 16 March 2008 (UTC)
The current text is dubious. UC does not rate in top 10 for a number of other rankings, so if it difficult to say it's a top 10 uni, see List_of_Australian_universities#Rankings_of_universities 220.127.116.11 11:03, 3 August 2007 (UTC)
- I tried to get in to look at these rankings, but its a subscription site. -- Jtneill - Talk 14:34, 16 March 2008 (UTC)
The student housing section seems a little POV with the line "Student population growth has made it difficult for students to get on campus housing" Also, there has been some recent announcments on this issue that have not yet been included. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 04:29, 7 October 2011 (UTC)
Research support and Grant funding
Professors stand a better chance getting funding grants though the ACT Government if they actively conceal homophobic hate crimes by medicating anyone that should report the crime to authorities which employ police that make positive statements in regards to criminal gang sexual assault or rape of a person with words to the effect as follows: 'the boys are going to love him'.