|WikiProject France||(Rated B-class, Mid-importance)|
Quote *Valenciennes is sometimes called the "Athens of France".
I've never heard this name. All the references I could find lead to en.wikipedia. I removed the line.
FoeNyx 10:19, 13 Sep 2004 (UTC)
- I heard it once, in Le jeu des mille euros, référence s'il en est ! _R_ 00:15, 10 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- pour moi ça n'en est pas une. / for me a radio game is not a good 'source' FoeNyx 11:21, 11 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- I've heard it called "l'Athenes du nord" (Athens of the North) but not "Athens of France". The former sounds plausible; the latter a bit of a strong claim... --Marlow4 21:44, 26 May 2005 (UTC)
- It's l'Athènes du Nord, the line should be added. You can see it called like that on the city's university website :
- Part of me would still say to have more than one source...it could just be a snooty claim by the University. If there are more than one source (independent of each other) that would be ideal, and I think that both should be cited when we do add the nickname.
Is this still a stub? Cette page-ci, est-elle toujours 'stub'? Bo-Lingua 17:42, 2 Mar 2005 (UTC)
Who decides if this is a stub still? Does this qualify for an article yet? Bo-Lingua 08:15, 8 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Not a stub any more! look at Wikipedia:Find or fix a stub for more information. olivier 08:36, Mar 8, 2005 (UTC)
Destruction in 1940
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Valenciennes. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20101229185458/http://www.domcentral.org/study/opstudy.htm to http://www.domcentral.org/study/opstudy.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.