Talk:Varsity Scouting (Boy Scouts of America)
|WikiProject Scouting||(Rated B-class, High-importance)|
|This subarticle is kept separate from the main article, Boy Scouts of America, due to size or style considerations.|
|Styles: This is an article about the Boy Scouts of America. In addition to standard style guides, the Language of Scouting is also used.|
Links from this article with broken #section links :
I just removed a major chunk of the history section that appears to be a copy of text from http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Falls/8826/varsity.html. Please discuss if I am in error. --Gadget850 ( Ed) 21:41, 27 February 2006 (UTC)
- You were. That's my site and I specifically included that text here. --Emb021 21:43, 14 March 2006 (UTC)
The attention tag pertains to the section with the expansion tag. Rlevse 22:05, 15 July 2006 (UTC)
- done, and some other work.Rlevse 22:55, 5 August 2006 (UTC)
What is the reason for the suggested rename? Chris 03:56, 2 April 2007 (UTC)
Per the Language of Scouting:
- Varsity Scouting
- A part of the program of the Boy Scouts of America for young men (Varsity Scouts) who are at least 14 but not yet 18 years old. The unit is a team; the unit leader is a Coach. Emphasis is on advancement, high adventure, personal development, service, and special programs and events. See "Scouting program" and "Varsity."
--Gadget850 ( Ed) 13:01, 2 April 2007 (UTC)
Oppose this article is about the Varsity Scouts section... it makes more sense for the title to stay as it is Horus Kol Talk 14:00, 2 April 2007 (UTC)
- no longer oppose the proposal following discussions over naming conventions at Talk:Cub Scouting (Boy Scouts of America) -- Horus Kol Talk 13:54, 12 April 2007 (UTC)
- Rename brings in line with the Boy Scouting article and the LOS.Rlevse 14:43, 2 April 2007 (UTC)
- Support. Varsity Scouts are boys, Varsity Scouting is what they do. I believe this article is more about what they do than the boys themselves. --NThurston 14:01, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
The History section needs to be cut way down, especially since an extant history should more properly be placed in History of the Boy Scouts of America#Varsity Scouts. Any help appreciated! --Eustress (talk) 23:47, 25 January 2009 (UTC)
From a Scouter's perspective, this article misses the whole point of WHY did anyone think a Varsity program was needed given the VENTURE program. Obviously, Varsity exists as a sop to LDS adult leadership, not because National BSA was missing some programmatic hole. It is indistinguishable from the Venture program in aims, purpose, and methods. The degree to which National BSA kowtows to Mormon special interests needs to be discussed. For all intents and purposes, LDS Scouting and everyone else's Scouting run as two parallel tracks with little grass roots interactions. Is anyone brave enough to discuss the money politics behind this anomaly? --Rocket49 (talk) 13:20, 5 September 2010 (UTC)(UTC)==rocket49==
(New discussions go to the bottom of the page, please use the new discussion tab at the top of the page)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Varsity Scouting (Boy Scouts of America). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080414114939/http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/28-406.pdf to http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/28-406.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.