Talk:Viewtiful Joe (anime)
|WikiProject Anime and manga||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Video games||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Am I crazy or was this cel-shaded 3d (to match teh games) when the first previews came out, and now it's regular animation?
You're crazy. :P When the game was released on Nintendo Gamecube in Japan, a series of anime-style commercials were released to promote the game. However, they were obviously done by a different animation company (along with different voices), as the animation quality is arguably higher than the anime series itself.
Hey, that would make a good edition to the article! I'll see if I can find a screenshot to go along with it. Ppk01 09:28, 28 November 2005 (UTC)
A suggestion regarding the future of the series
--Or better yet on the Toonami block. How bout anywhere on Cartoon Network (except for Adult Swim) or G4. Those two networks would fit perfectly for Viewtiful Joe to continue here in the US. Or better yet, they should put it on Teletoon.com like they did with Spider Riders. Here's another alternative. Why not just continue the series on DVD like many other american distributed anime? - Allie
- I feel it would be good on Cartoon Network's Saturday morning block or Miguzi, since I'm partial to watching anime in the mornings or in the early afternoon; starts my day off pretty well, you know? -Fighting Dreamer 05:10, 16 September 2006 (UTC)
I really don't approve of the use of "Dub" terms.
Regardless of the dub, I really believe we should use the original terms. Considering even the game (which takes place after the anime) uses the original terms, such as "Sexy Silvia", "Six Machine/Majin", and a few others. This is just my opinion. - Mendinso
- Sadly, WP's anime policy is that English version takes priority. Matty-chan 02:50, 9 September 2006 (UTC)
- However, the reason I advise against this is because the game, Viewtiful Joe Battle Carnival, takes place after the anime. In the english version of the game Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble, the characters go by the original character names. This is why I am suggusting we use these names for the anime article. (The anime ends a bit before the events of the game. The reason Sprocket is with certain characters in this is because of the events that happen at the end of the anime.) - Mendinso
- Yeah, you use the original game names in articles about the game, not in articles specifically about the anime. However, if you were to make a general VJ article or like seperate character pages, then you'd use the English video game. Matty-chan 11:04, 25 September 2006 (UTC)
I think both of you should know that the TV show is a "retelling"; in other words, a separate version of the continuity. The games (namely the first and second ones) came before the anime. Although Battle Carnival/Red Hot Rumble features the anime only characters of Captain Blue Jr., and Sprocket, BC/RHR is still set in the video game continuity, taking place after the third game (Viewtiful Joe 3) that may or may not ever come out (yet at the same time ties in to the anime). For these reasons Mendinso, I think you are overthinking the continuity issue. Anyway, I say we use the original names since they appear in the U.S. versions of the games, but also make mention of the (IMO, unnecessary) changes made for the English anime. Brittany Ka 13:32, 5 October 2006 (UTC)
New layout for Character section
- It is my opinion that the Character section is too general. The characters are more developed than they are given credit for. Their fictional history in the anime is not fully explained in this article, and it should be in light of the anime and not the videogames, as they are not the same in some instances.SuperChencho 03:53, 7 July 2007 (UTC)
Major problems corrected
I saw a TON of problems and lies in thhis episode as well as things that are incompleted. Such as saying that the 3 Jadow officers were banished to the real world when they never were. And saying Fire Leo is never seen again even though he is. It isn't detailed enough. So I put some more detail into it. And I'll be putting more in over time. Unlike many people who edit this page I've actually seen the entire series.Bryanoftoons (talk) 16:52, 27 February 2008 (UTC)