- The following is a closed discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: Not moved. No support for proposal besides nominator. (non-admin closure) Natg 19 (talk) 01:11, 28 July 2015 (UTC)
– I propose that WEP and WAPI, currently disambiguation pages, should redirect to Wired Equivalent Privacy and WLAN Authentication and Privacy Infrastructure respectively, per WP:PTOPIC. Certainly for WAPI, the encryption standard is (IMO) the unambiguous primary meaning, as a Google search will confirm, and I believe that the alternative meanings for WEP will adequately be covered by the standard redirect hatnote. Tevildo (talk) 09:57, 18 July 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose WEP is obsolete, and less and less written about all the time, so is falling out of view. WAPI does not dominate Google Book Search or regular Google search first 100 results, so doesn't seem to be a clear primary topic. Also, for computing topics, be aware of selection bias, as the internet is skewed towards computing topics anyways. -- 220.127.116.11 (talk) 03:55, 19 July 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose, leave the acronyms where they are 18.104.22.168 (talk) 20:20, 19 July 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose. No primary topic. Abbreviations and short jargon words as a rule are of very narrow interest and confusing to the wide audience. Abbreviation and jargon should always be discouraged. --SmokeyJoe (talk) 01:34, 27 July 2015 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.