|WikiProject Biography / Actors and Filmmakers||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Germany||(Rated Start-class)|
A photo can be found here: http://www.hogansheroesfanclub.com/images/photoWernerKlempererMedium.gif
I'm not adding it because I'm not certain if a publicity headshot like this can be placed on Wikipedia lawfully. It might be fair use, but I'll defer to someone who's done more research on copyrights. Pha telegrapher (talk) 19:42, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
- I believe that it can, however we don't encourage fair use images. - Tbsdy lives (talk) 12:18, 16 August 2008 (UTC)
How can someone be "half Jewish?" It is a religion, not a race or ethnicity. Can someone be "half pregnant?"
- Not really. In Jewish law and tradition, you're either a Jew or you're not. There is no case of being a "half-Jew." But the Nazis' Nuremberg Laws were about race, and they're the reason he had to leave Germany. They had different grades (see Mischling#Comparison with Jewish law).
- We need to rephrase the article. It would be best if we replaced "Half-Jewish" with "As a Jew," or "Having a Jewish father," but I'm only guessing one of those to be the case.
- Interestingly, I don't see where it says he ever declared himself to be a Jew in the religious sense. We may need someone more familiar with the Jewish faith to straighten this out completely.
- -- Randy2063 (talk) 21:36, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, Jewish is correct! Because, he came from Jewish People. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 17:29, 22 October 2012 (UTC)
Use third photo
The third photo of Klemperer in the current version of the article is clearly better than the first (even though it is black and white), and should replace it. --220.127.116.11 (talk) 08:00, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
- Agreed, however 1) the third pic is posted under fair use (ie, without permission), whereas permission was giving for the first pic, and 2) the first pic would look a *lot* better if it was simply cropped from the original, instead of also having the colors played with so that it looks washed out. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 09:28, 9 February 2009 (UTC)