|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
This article uses feet to describe the depth of the fall. Should it be converted to meters? 2000ft = 609m, 6600ft = 2011km. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 14:15, 17 August 2016 (UTC)
This article seems to have been copied directly from the above address, but I am not sure what action should be taken. So I'll have to leave it in someone else's capable hands.
- This article was not copied from the psychcentral.com site - I wrote the original version myself. Psychcentral.com appears to be one of many sites mirroring Wikipedia content. - Jpo 01:02, 25 October 2005 (UTC)
- My mistake
- This seems to happen a lot and confuses/angers many people. I'm not sure if the following text was recently posted, but psychcentral does have the following verbage on their site: "This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It uses material from the Wikipedia article "Whale fall". Via Personal Open Wikipedia (beta) open source software by J Grohol and Psych Central. (If you would like to edit this document, click on the Wikipedia article link above.)" Phauge 23:01, 19 April 2006 (UTC)
- My mistake
- All species of large whale sink when they die, some more than others. Even bowhead and right whales occasionally sank after they were killed by whalers (one of the ways many were lost). Blue, fin, and sei typically sank, as did humpback and gray. Sperm were said to sink the least often (at least during the open-boat era). During the modern era they had to pump the whales full of air to keep them afloat. SaberToothedWhale (talk) 02:44, 6 January 2012 (UTC)
reference 2 "http://www.columbia.edu/~rwb2103/whale/whalefallintro.html Whale fall intro." is broken. Slibville (talk) 20:33, 28 September 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Whale fall. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20050516161602/http://www.westnurc.uaf.edu:80/dwnlds/Smithecologywhalefalls.pdf to http://www.westnurc.uaf.edu/dwnlds/Smithecologywhalefalls.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.