Talk:Wii Shop Channel
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Wii Shop Channel article.|
|WikiProject Video games||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
- 1 Read this Now!
- 2 Rare games?
- 3 Warpzone
- 4 Buying Wii Points
- 5 Wii Shop Channel photo
- 6 Popularity of the titles offered?
- 7 Downloading
- 8 Wii Shop Channel Rewrite
- 9 October 22 2008 Update
- 10 WPVG Assessment
- 11 Connection Abassador Promotion
- 12 Everybody's ... Channel
- 13 No criticism section?
- 14 Can you still access the Wii Shop with a Wii?
Read this Now!
Please don't redirect this page back to Wii Channels. Half the reason I actually made this article was because I needed to fix up a double redirect.
Masky 15:00, 4 January 2007 (UTC)
I remember reading somewhere that Rare games, such as Banjo-Kazooie, are not going to be released onto the Wii shop. This would be a real shame, but I have onky heard this onc,e so can anyone confirm it? Phalanxia 13:52, 10 January 2007 (UTC)
I added some info on the Warpzone. I found this yesterday when logging into the Shop Channel. On the first (Welcome) page, at the bottom of the recent listing, was a smilie ;-) and when I clicked it, it took me to this. Gnorn 23:11, 18 February 2007 (UTC)
- It's not a new feature though, it was available from Wii launch, only hidden as a dot originally and containing a few pointers for the shop channel(And a message stating they didn't expect people to find it) Looks like the symbol used changes for every update. Smoke 10:08, 26 February 2007 (UTC)
- Oh, thanks. I never noticed it (guess Nintendo was right). Gnorn 23:12, 27 February 2007 (UTC)
Buying Wii Points
- Is this section needed at all? Most if not all of the relevant information is found on the Wii Points article. Misterkillboy 02:04, 9 March 2007 (UTC)
Wii Shop Channel photo
- it was changed because someone believed the older/out-of-date version was a better image because it was a screen shot and not a photograph... *frowns* in stead of reverting, couldn't they screen shot a new image? I go away for a few months, and this is what happens? 13:20, 17 April 2008 (UTC)
Popularity of the titles offered?
Just reading the bit about the download animations, it says that when the download gets to 99% mario starts hitting the block, but it also says the coins going across the screen represent 1% and when i've downloaded games several coins come from the side of the screen while he's hitting the block at the end. I dont think the info in the article is correct.
Wii Shop Channel Rewrite
I rewrote and reorganized the article as well as added two quality screenshots. There are still minor changes and corrections to be made (and sources to be added), but the article is much better than it was before. -Zomic13 (talk) 09:52, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
- If anyone can find a quality main menu screenshot of the Wii Shop Channel, please add it or let me know. I uploaded and was originally going to add this one  until I realized that it was outdated. -Zomic13 (talk) 10:11, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
October 22 2008 Update
There's a new update, but I'm not sure what it does cuz i have a modified wii and can't update it. anyone have any idea what this update does? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 11:31, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
- I updated, but as far as I can tell nothing has changed. -Zomic13 (talk) 15:00, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
Article has a good start, so I am rating this C-Class with Low-importance. It still needs some extensive copyediting and improved referencing. It is certainly a step-up from Start-Class, but it needs some significant work to go up to B-Class. MuZemike (talk) 20:21, 15 November 2008 (UTC)
Connection Abassador Promotion
 Does the page need updating? I haven't tried this out yet, but is it only for European Wii's, like mine, or is it world wide. But is it all that reasonable, all of my friends that have Wii's already have them connected to the internet. I also think it seems like a lot of hard work for nothing, but all NES games free and 5,000 points. adwajr (talk) 08:57, 23 October 2009 (UTC)
Everybody's ... Channel
The article mentions Everybody's Theater Channel but the link doesn't work properly -- the page it leads to makes no mention of this channel. There is however an Everybody's Nintendo Channel listed there. Is it the same thing or different? The Seventh Taylor (talk) 13:54, 25 May 2012 (UTC)
No criticism section?
The Wii Shop has been criticized for being hard to navigate, not offerring enough demos, setting a limit of 40 MB for digital titles, and for slow releases of VC titles, yet nothing of that is mentioned in the article despite that fact that even Iwata acknowledged the service's shortcomings and agreed with the criticism. What gives? - 22.214.171.124 (talk) 17:02, 13 November 2012 (UTC)