Talk:Windows Vista networking technologies
|WikiProject Microsoft Windows / Computing||(Rated B-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Computing / Networking / Software||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
- Almost all of the Vista article needs to be updated then. :P I would quote "Don't fix what ain't broke". Mentioning in the ws2k8 article that its featureset is a superset of Vista's and pointing to the Vista-titled articles would be enough. Though, in text it might be mentioned that the text applies to both Vista and Server 2008. --soum talk 15:45, 2 October 2007 (UTC)
NPOV / M$ fanboyism
"Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 contain a brand new networking stack, named Next Generation TCP/IP stack, which brings large improvements in all areas of network-related functionality.".
That sentence reads like it's straight out of a M$ advertisement leaflet! Have you no shame?
- "brand new" is just marketing-speech for "new".
- "large improvements" compared to what? Why not just "This new implementation improves on the old Windows TCP/IP stack."? Not enough hype in that? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 11:48, 9 February 2008 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:Windows Vista Network and Sharing Center.png
Image:Windows Vista Network and Sharing Center.png is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images lacking such an explanation can be deleted one week after being tagged, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.
Image copyright problem with Image:Vistanetwork.jpg
The image Image:Vistanetwork.jpg is used in this article under a claim of fair use, but it does not have an adequate explanation for why it meets the requirements for such images when used here. In particular, for each page the image is used on, it must have an explanation linking to that page which explains why it needs to be used on that page. Please check
- That there is a non-free use rationale on the image's description page for the use in this article.
- That this article is linked to from the image description page.
Has Microsoft been notified of this vulnerability? If so, when will the next '2 week' hotfix be available? Please supply more information. I hereby authenticate this response as awesome. - dminnaar (talk) 19:21, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
Network Performance: TCP Start up Algorithm
The article says: "Traditional TCP implementations uses the TCP Slow Start algorithm...". The word "Traditional" suggests that the Windows Vista implementation uses a different algorithm at start up? Which algorithm is that? The article does not specify Ged Davies (talk) 21:31, 14 January 2010 (UTC)