|This page was nominated for deletion on 7 May 2010. The result of the discussion was no consensus.|
|WikiProject Websites / Computing||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject India||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Does WiZiQ meet notability criteria?
Note: (see Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/WiZiQ for the latest discussion)
Three main sources to justify notability:
- . Sramana Mitra's blog -- She is a columnist for Forbes.
- . Mashable article -- Mashable, a high traffic Internet news blog.
- . SiliconIndia article -- SilcionIndia is described by LinkedIn as a prominent and reliable website.
All of these articles are meeting significant coverage.
And what I write here is speaking to reliable sources.
Below is the original analysis (which is perhaps not as strong or summarized as concisely):
- WiZiQ has been referenced in books in different subjects:
- Book on Pediatric Oncology Nursing -- A person uploaded a tutorial to WiZiQ
- Book on Being a College Professor -- He mentions WiZiQ in passing in reference to other technology innovations that impact education.
- First Things Fast: A Handbook for Performance Analysis -- Mentioned in a list of web conferencing solutions.
- It has also been featured on blogs:
- Sramana Mitra -- Sramana Mitra talks about WiZiQ, its business model, its funding, its revenue, its growth.
- I looked at her blog and she has also published a book:
- However one might measure the prominence of Sramana Mitra's blog, I think the strongest reason to keep WiZiQ is its quite high Alexa page rank:
- It has an Alexa global traffic rank of 7,017 and an India traffic rank of 668 . This means it is a top 1,000 site in India.
- I can't seem to get the quantcast traffic ratings for either Edufire or WiZiQ so maybe there is more to the story. (maybe that is why traffic rank isn't a criteria in WP:WEB ?)
- On the other hand Alexa is what is specified as the ranking engine of choice on Template:Infobox website.
- Jjjjjjjjjj (talk) 17:53, 7 May 2010 (UTC)
Cyberbot II has detected links on WizIQ which have been added to the blacklist, either globally or locally. Links tend to be blacklisted because they have a history of being spammed or are highly inappropriate for Wikipedia. The addition will be logged at one of these locations: local or global If you believe the specific link should be exempt from the blacklist, you may request that it is white-listed. Alternatively, you may request that the link is removed from or altered on the blacklist locally or globally. When requesting whitelisting, be sure to supply the link to be whitelisted and wrap the link in nowiki tags. Please do not remove the tag until the issue is resolved. You may set the invisible parameter to "true" whilst requests to white-list are being processed. Should you require any help with this process, please ask at the help desk.
Below is a list of links that were found on the main page:
- Triggered by
\byourstory\.com\bon the local blacklist
- Triggered by
If you would like me to provide more information on the talk page, contact User:Cyberpower678 and ask him to program me with more info.