|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 File:Park Yoochun.png Nominated for Deletion
- 2 Move discussion in progress
- 3 Origin Virginia?
- 4 About the section " Sexual Assault allegations:
- 5 Please modify the title of the section "Sexual assault allegations" to "Controversial allegation"
- 6 Controversy on the section "sexual assault allegation" under the page of "Park Yoochun"
File:Park Yoochun.png Nominated for Deletion
|An image used in this article, File:Park Yoochun.png, has been nominated for deletion at Wikimedia Commons in the following category: Media without a source as of 11 August 2011
Don't panic; a discussion will now take place over on Commons about whether to remove the file. This gives you an opportunity to contest the deletion, although please review Commons guidelines before doing so.
Move discussion in progress
I notice Yoochun's "origin" is listed as Fairfax, Virginia, in the infobox. From what I can gather by poking around Wikipedia, origin is supposed to mean where a person's career started, if it's different than their birthplace. (I found this on a page related to Chinese entertainers.) This isn't cut and dry, but I'm not sure Virginia is the best item here. He lived there only four years and he signed up with a talent agency there (as noted in the article), but his actual career clearly began with TVXQ in Korea. Is there evidence of actual entertainment-related activities (jobs) he did in Virginia that could constitute a "career"? Any opinions? ^_^ 22.214.171.124 (talk) 13:21, 31 December 2011 (UTC)
About the section " Sexual Assault allegations:
As we know that Wikipedia is not a template for news collections, all the contents listed on Wikipedia should be confirmed by official sources not just relied on the media like TV news, newspapers, and any internet sources. Please help to remove the section" Sexual Assault allegations" under Park Yoo-chun. Otherwise, it will be a huge damage on the article subject Mr. Park Yoo-chun. Thanks a lot for administrators' attention on this request. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Leeyinggao (talk • contribs) 04:03, 28 June 2016 (UTC)
- Actually Wikipedia relies on reliable secondary sources, of which newspapers and internet sources can be. Primary sources, such as press releases from official companies, cannot be the only source of information. Suggest you read WP:PRIMARY for any discussion of sourcing information. If you have concerns of specific sources and content added, you might take it up to WP:KO. Also in terms of his reputation, negative content is allowed if it is published in reliable sources, see WP:PUBLICFIGURE Evaders99 (talk) 04:28, 28 June 2016 (UTC)
Please modify the title of the section "Sexual assault allegations" to "Controversial allegation"
Thanks for the reply on my previous request for removing the section of "Sexual assault allegations". We will follow all the terms of conditions of Wikipedia. To be more neutral and objective, We would like to suggest that the title of the section "Sexual assault allegations" could be modified to "Controversial allegation". Thanks a lot for administrators' attention on this request. Have a good day. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 15:02, 28 June 2016 (UTC)
Controversy on the section "sexual assault allegation" under the page of "Park Yoochun"
Hereby I would like to communicate with all for the following two points regarding the article "Park Yoochun":
1) Since the allegation are still under investigation by South Korea police up to date and we are all waiting for the truth which will be announced by Police. Therefore, it seems to be a kind of sneer rather than a firmed introduction to put the following "quoted" description right in the first section the introduction of Park Yoochun. I would like to suggest that the following description under the first section introducing Park Yoochun can be removed.
In 2016, while in the middle of his two-year mandatory military service, Park became the subject of a string of sexual assault charges earning him the nickname "Korea's Bill Cosby".
2) Following point (1) mentioned above, according to the public information on the news we can read up to date, all the allegations has still been under investigated by the South Korean Police. From the basic human rights perspective, I would like to suggest that the title of the section "sexual assault allegations" under Park Yoochun can be changed to "Controversy - sexual assault allegation " instead of "sexual assault allegation". Regarding the detailed description under the section since they are all from news whether TV or newspaper or internet, people can read the news sources clearly.
Thanks a lot for everyone's attention on my suggestions listed above and looking forward to get the consensus on my suggestion and see the modification soon. Hope this kind of discussion can make Wikipedia continuing being a free and good platform for truth and knowledge sharing. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Leeyinggao (talk • contribs) 13:01, 3 July 2016 (UTC)
- Done== Please edit the title of the section "Sexual assault allegations" ==
This is a bio of a living person. So any change could make some effection to his life immediately. And this case cruined his name and his 13 years career.
Although this is a on-going case but media reported the case with all one side statement from accusers. And now police proved those statements are lies through the investigation. When the police's investigate was on - going, there were a lot of "official statement" which was denied 1,2 hours later. So, I think, before the end of this case, we couldn't give any information about this. Because there are too many unconfirmation rumor and maybe they can't be proved either.
Although Park Yoochun is proved that he is innocent but there are many rumor from media with many negative report. And the soures are used for this article is untrufull sources such as soompi. Soompi is ussually has mistake in their translation when they report Park Yoochun's case. Now Park Yoochun is called the victim of media's witch - hunter.
If you think this part could not be deleted, intead of ""Sexual assault allegations", "Controversial allegation" may be a better title. — Preceding unsigned comment added by This is a funny name (talk • contribs) 02:45, 12 October 2016 (UTC)