|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Wondering how to edit this U.S. City Entry?
The WikiProject U.S. Cities standards might help.
do we prevent someone from changing data that is patently wrong? The 2008 population figure is from a sign that has been erected as 'advertising' for the city and which was reported at the time to show the number of people who receive mail with Yuma, Az as the address line. I do not live inside the city limits and cannot vote for the mayor, I do not think I would be included in any 'real' census of the city. I see where the line had been previously removed but then someone put it back in.
Factfinder Census http://www.yumasun.com/news/city_10392___article.html/development_growth.html http://www.yumasun.com/articles/census_18444___article.html/city_special.html —Preceding unsigned comment added by Mjpollard (talk • contribs) 22:57, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
[[ hopiakuta | [[ [[%c2%a1]] [[%c2%bf]] [[ %7e%7e%7e%7e ]] -]] 04:58, 4 December 2006 (UTC)
- I'll add proximity to Winterhaven later today. Voretus 19:44, 8 February 2007 (UTC)
- Can we add 100,000+ illegal aliens also? - signed by an anon IP
- About the illegal alien or undocumented immigrant population in Yuma County: it's only an estimate, not an exact number of how many undocumented immigrants live there. Note the city's proximity to the US-Mexico border has made it lucrative to problems facing the border region: crime, drug trafficking, pollution and socioeconomic disparities. The Yuma area has a Hispanic majority, the presence of Latin American culture and the birthplace of famous Mexican-American political activist Cesar Chavez, Yuma owes much of itself to Mexico. + 220.127.116.11 (talk) 12:36, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
In a manner of how "Others in the World", in this case AZ, the West, USA, ...etc. have a habit, of forcing their standards, and opinions upon others, I will offer this view:
- The Yuma, Arizona page though not fully developed, (only "moderately"-developed) is without a doubt beyond: Start Class.
- If I had my way, i would put it in "Uncategorized", and leave classifying, according to your wishes, styles, or manners, to others who are willing, by consensus to be classified, according to your standards.
This is obviously only my opinion, but the habit of Wiki-people (and Myself-included) is to do a function (in this case the Project-tag), and then rapidly move on. I am fully of the opinion that the Yuma, AZ page has some nice input, and presently "Well covers" some of the important "Defining-parts" of YUMA, Arizona. A note from the Sonoran-desert- of Yuma, Ariz..--Mmcannis 18:12, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
And fortunately "fully developed pages", are like rocks, and can not be easilly altered. There is plenty of possibilities, in many different directions, for this Rapidly expanding, evolving, region. Growth is occurring in every direction around Yuma, into the desert environments, agriculture, etc. And, if I had my way, Since hydrocarbon pollution in the wintertime, as well as particulate pollution, forever being a desert problem, I would try to defend the environment, and help protect the growth of the ecology of our Yuma region.... (similar feelings about this Yuma,AZ region-for the Future)--..Mmcannis 18:12, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
- Hello! I'm from Yuma. The assessment scale isn't really an objective thing. There are criteria for each rating, and I would agree that the article as it stands is start-class.
- On another note, this article could benefit from some recent pictures, rather than pictures from the 1800s. I might take some soon, if I can figure out what places would be good illustrations of the city. Does anyone have any ideas? Voretus 19:42, 8 February 2007 (UTC)
Famous Residents Spam?
Do any of the five famous country singers added to the Famous Residents list have any references? To my knowledge, none of them have lived in Yuma. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 06:15, 30 September 2007 (UTC)
Link disambiguation needed
In the section "Education", please disambiguate the link to Cibola High School. The correct link should be Cibola High School (Yuma, Arizona). Thanks. •••Life of Riley (T–C) 18:14, 7 January 2010 (UTC)
Hollywood marriage central?
I have run across dozens of bios for Hollywood types who run away and get married in Yuma, AZ. Having been there several times, I can't understand why it is the Niagara Falls of the Southwest. It seems like it used to be as popular as that Little White Chapel in Las Vegas.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Yuma, Arizona. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.http://www.webcitation.org/6gpGlyhlr to http://factfinder.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml?src=bkmk
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/20110531210815/http://www.naco.org/Counties/Pages/FindACounty.aspx to http://www.naco.org/Counties/Pages/FindACounty.aspx
- Added archive http://www.webcitation.org/6YSasqtfX to http://www.census.gov/prod/www/decennial.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
Archived sources still need to be checked
I changed the Population number and it was changed back to old number Why? I live in Yuma been here for 20 years I also I'm the manager at Affordable Security Locksmith And Alarm 11881 S fortuna Rd Yuma, Arizona 928-580-2775 can be contacted if need more info thanks — Preceding unsigned comment added by Yumataz (talk • contribs) 16:06, 20 November 2016 (UTC)
Government info http://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045215/04027 — Preceding unsigned comment added by Yumataz (talk • contribs) 16:10, 20 November 2016 (UTC)