Talk:Zeta Beta Tau
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Zeta Beta Tau article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Fraternities and Sororities||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
Jack Benny is listed as a member, but there is no record of him going to college. Should I delete him? Similarly, I do not believe John Lindsay, a 40's Yale graduate was in ZBT. Is there info on this or should I delete him also? Wasn't Ken Duberstein a member? Should he be included? mwinog2777 According to http://bama.ua.edu/~zbt/famous_alumni_of_zbt.htm, Jack Benny is Zebe as well as Kenneth Duberstein. He should be added, as he is fairly prominent. TiMike 22:39, 28 July 2006 (UTC)
Claim of "Rampant anti-semitism"
Was it "Rampant" or just typical for the time? In what measurable way was it "rampant?" Who asserts this claim? Perhaps I should have tagged this article for "weasel words" instead of tagging this statement "dubious." Any thoughts? Pygmypony 21:51, 24 August 2007 (UTC)
- I see no issue with removing the word Rampant. It is clearly POV. I don't think anti-semitism in fraternities was any stronger than in society as a whole. -Drdisque 18:21, 25 August 2007 (UTC)
- Pursuant to this discussion I will now remove the word rampant from the article. Pygmypony 02:56, 26 August 2007 (UTC)
our chapter site was used as a reference source, that site is no longer up but our chapter still has a site (just different URL) baxzbt.com —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 22:09, 31 January 2010 (UTC)
List of Brothers Split
At least one other fraternity, TKE, has a similar page, so there is some precedent, and also, the list of notable Zebes is fairly long, so I think it should be split. TiMike 03:56, 30 August 2010 (UTC)
- I think it is OK as is for now. When the page exceeds 100K, I would agree it should be split off.--Epeefleche (talk) 08:31, 3 April 2011 (UTC)
No Pledging since 1989
I pledged in 1993. That was the word used. 14 weeks I think. Pledges were lined up for hours, made to do things in sub zero weather for 6+ hours, scavenger hunt, hell week, etc.. I never heard of this Associated Membership. This article mentioned No Pledging a few times, but reality is different. Every chapter we visited in mid 1990s also had pledges. I believe this should be mentioned in the article. Also there was maybe 1 Jewish member in the fraternity, the rest were Irish, Italian, Puerto Rican, Filipino and AA. Cheers! Meishern (talk) 07:31, 26 December 2010 (UTC)
Zeta Beta Tau National Headquarters does not condone such action. Actions taken by individual chapters are created by the dynamic differences in location and culture at different colleges. It is hard to directly mention this in the article. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Bwhittybro (talk • contribs) 18:34, 1 July 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Zeta Beta Tau. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20150428002032/http://www.ufl.edu:80/spotlights/uf-fraternity-interim-suspended-during-investigation-of-misconduct-charge.html to http://www.ufl.edu/spotlights/uf-fraternity-interim-suspended-during-investigation-of-misconduct-charge.html
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20150426161938/http://www.zbt.org:80/component/content/article/400.html to http://www.zbt.org/component/content/article/400.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
Should the events at Rider and Miami universities really be included in this article? It does not appear that they garnered any type of attention except for campus news. I think they should be removed. Gooseneck41 15:35, 14 August 2017 (UTC)