The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||College Park, Maryland|
|Manpreet Singh, Gurpreet Singh, Amandeep Bakshi|
|Parent||Seva Search, Inc.|
TalkLocal is a local search engine and marketplace based in College Park, Maryland and competing in the on-demand services industry. Through their mobile app or website, consumers submit service requests (e.g. HVAC maintenance, roofing, taxicab, etc.) to nearby businesses. When a business accepts, they pay to be connected to the consumer by phone (via Voice over IP) to schedule the desired service.
Manpreet Singh, Gurpreet Singh, and Amandeep Bakshi launched the service in 2011 in Potomac, Maryland, under the name Seva Call. All three founders are alumni of the University of Maryland, College Park. In 2014, the company rebranded to TalkLocal and relocated to an office near the university.
- "Amazon, Google move into on-demand home services". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 2016-02-29.
- Spolan, Sue. "Yellow Pages on Steroids: Seva Call Launches in Philadelphia". FlyingKiteMedia.com. Flying Kite Media. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- Perez, Sarah. "Seva Search Raises $1.3 Million to Connect Consumers with Local Businesses". TechCrunch.com. TechCrunch. Retrieved 27 May 2015.
- "TalkLocal". TalkLocal.com. Seva Search, Inc. Retrieved 27 May 2015.
- Overly, Steven. "TalkLocal raises $2.6M as it changes the way you find local service providers". WashingtonPost.com. The Washington Post. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- Barba, Ronald. "Seva Call Rebrands as TalkLocal, Raises $2.6M in Series A Funding". Tech.co. Tech.co. Retrieved 27 May 2015.
- Anderson, Tania. "Four Reasons Why TalkLocal Is All Grown Up". BisNow.com. BisNow. Retrieved 27 May 2015.