Talk Radio (play)
|Written by||Eric Bogosian|
|Date premiered||May 28, 1987|
|Place premiered||The Public Theater|
The play, with Bogosian in the lead role, premiered off-Broadway at The Public Theater on May 28, 1987, in a production directed by Frederick Zollo. The production also featured John C. McGinley, Zach Grenier, Mark Metcalf, and Peter Onorati.
Talk Radio made its Broadway premiere on March 11, 2007, in a production starring Liev Schreiber, and featuring Law & Order: SVU stars Stephanie March and Peter Hermann, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier's Sebastian Stan. The opening night cast also included Christine Pedi, Barbara Rosenblat, Adam Seitz, Marc Thompson, Kit Williamson, Cornell Womack and Christy Pusz. The show was directed by Tony Award-winner Robert Falls, and has received Tony, Drama Desk, Outer Critics Circle, and Drama League award nominations for Best Revival of Play and Best Actor in a Play. Additionally, Schreiber was awarded the prestigious Drama League Award for Distinguished Performance. The show made its final Broadway performance at the Longacre Theater on June 24, 2007.
- Rossi, Umberto. “Acousmatic Presences: From DJs to Talk-Radio Hosts in American Fiction, Cinema, and Drama”, Mosaic, 42:1, March 2009, pp. 83–98.
- Official Talk Radio on Broadway website
- NY Times review of 1987 production
- The Blog Apple review of the 2007 Broadway Revival
- Talk Radio playwright Eric Bogosian Downstage Center XM radio interview by the American Theatre Wing, March 2007