Talkin' 'bout Soul
|Talkin' 'bout Soul|
|Studio album by Little Richard|
|Recorded||December 1964 - May/June 1965|
|Little Richard chronology|
Talkin' 'bout Soul consisted of tracks recorded for Vee-Jay Records in 1964/65. All of the songs had been released before bar one, "You Better Stop", thus warranting its inclusion in the album chronology. "Something Moves In My Heart" had previously been included on the 1971 UK released album "Mr. Big" under the title "Every Time I Think About You". This album is essentially the "Mr. Big" album with one extra previously unreleased track.
As covered on the entry for Little Richard Is Back (And There's A Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On!), Richard recorded nearly fifty tracks for Vee-Jay Records in 1964/1965. With the collapse of Vee Jay, some tracks went unreleased until they appeared on Mr. Big and this album so they are included in the Little Richard album chronology.
- "Without Love" (3:19)
- "Dance What You Wanna" (2:23)
- "My Wheels They Are Slippin' All The Way" (2:26)
- "You Better Stop" (3:08) w Jimi Hendrix
- "I Don't Know What You Got (But It's Got Me) (Part 1, extended)" (4:04) w Jimi Hendrix, Billy Preston
- "Talkin' 'bout Soul" (2:10)
- "Somethin' Moves In My Heart" (2:12)
- "It Ain't What You Do" (2:24)
- "Cross Over" (2:40)
- "Jenny Jenny" (1:58) w Jimi Hendrix, Esquerita
- "Dancing All Around The World" (2:57) w Jimi Hendrix
|1970||Billboard Pop Albums||Did not chart|
- White, Charles. (2003). The Life and Times of Little Richard: The Authorised Biography. Omnibus Press.