Talking Metal on Fuse
|Talking Metal on Fuse|
|Created by||Mark Strigl
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||7|
|Executive producer(s)||Jennifer Demme
|Original network||Fuse TV|
|Original release||November 9, 2007 – April 17, 2009|
Talking Metal on Fuse is a television show on Fuse TV. It premiered on Friday, November 9, 2007 at 12:30 PM. Hosted by Mark Strigl and John Ostronomy, the show provides a unique perspective and insider's view into the world of metal and hard rock music. The hosts are joined by sidekicks Bud Friendly and Mike Chlasciak as well as the Talking Metal fans, a rotating group of in-studio guests.
|Season||Episodes||Series Premiere||Season Finale||Most Recent Air Date|
|1||7||November 9, 2007||March 21, 2008||November 20, 2009|
|#||TRT||Original Airdate||Interview Guests||Jam Musicians||Jam Title|
|Pilot||60:00||November 9, 2007||Nikki Sixx, Dave Mustaine, Serj Tankian, Nick Oliveri, Kirk Windstein||Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, Frank Ferrer, Mark Strigl, John Ostronomy||Judas Priest "Running Wild"|
|1||30:00||February 16, 2008||Ozzy Osbourne, Kerry King||Mike Chlasciak, Richard Christy, Byron Davis, Mark Strigl, John Ostronomy||Slayer "South of Heaven"|
|2||30:00||February 22, 2008||Slash, Vinnie Paul, Bobzilla, Evan Seinfeld, Warbringer||Eddie Ojeda, Richard Christy, Kory Clarke, Mark Strigl, John Ostronomy||Black Sabbath "Paranoid"|
|3||30:00||March 1, 2008||Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, DevilDriver, Soilwork||Exodus, Mark Strigl, John Ostronomy||Metallica "Seek and Destroy"|
|4||30:00||March 8, 2008||Rob Halford, Glenn Danzig||In This Moment, Jose Mangin, Mark Strigl, John Ostronomy||Pantera "I'm Broken"|
|5||30:00||March 15, 2008||Don Dokken, Mike Patton, Atreyu||Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth, Frank Bello, Mike Portnoy, Mark Strigl, John Ostronomy||Motörhead "Overkill"|
|6||30:00||March 22, 2008||Zakk Wylde, Ozzy Osbourne, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal||Zakk Wylde, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, Mark Strigl, John Ostronomy||Zakk Wylde "Till the End"|
The theme music on the Talking Metal on Fuse pilot episode was composed and performed by Rob Halford and Mike Chlasciak. Chasciak said, "In a nutshell, it is your ultimate metal headbanging mayhem with Rob screaming over it."
Chad Bower of About.com said, "I've watched all the episodes so far and have really enjoyed them. Ostronomy and Strigl have done the Talking Metal podcast for quite a while, and really know their metal." He added, "One of my favorite parts of the show is when John and Mark jam with various metal musicians like Exodus. The only part of the show that I dislike is the cheesy, annoying masked announcer".
A review of Talking Metal on Fuse on The Daily Rock said, "Talking Metal is a well produced program with slick graphics and has some good segments such as when they went bowling with Hell Yeah..." The author added, however, "I could also do without the guitar masturbation [sic] by the 'musical director' Mike Chlasciak as well as the dude in the mask" and "For a show called 'Talking Metal' – they could spend more time – um – actually talking about metal."
In an article on Metal Sucks, Cory Mitchell discussed his "irrational belief that someone, somewhere can actually make a decent...television show about heavy metal," and said, "The good ones, like Talking Metal or Uranium get yanked, while the cool hosts, such as Jamey Jasta and Juliya, get deep-sixed as soon as they start getting popular."
A review of another metal show on HeavyMetal.Today.com said, "We all want a good metal show but the closest we have come is Talking Metal, which was pretty good when it was on but still a little out of touch with the huge metal scene, both underground and mainstream. If I had my choice I would choose Talking Metal.
- "'Talking Metal On Fuse' To Premiere Next Week". Blabbermouth.net. 2007-11-02. Retrieved 2009-08-22.
- "Fuse Raises Roof On Foo Fighters Concert". Multichannel News. 2008-02-13. Retrieved 2009-08-22.
- ""Talking Metal" Pilot: Dave Mustaine, Nikki Sixx, Serj Tankian, and more (2007)". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2009-08-22.
- ""Talking Metal" Ozzy Osbourne, Kerry King (2008)". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2009-08-22.
- "Turtlehead Featuring Dream Theater, Overkill, Anthrax Members; Free MP3 Available". Blabbermouth.net. 2009-04-07. Retrieved 2009-08-22.
- "Metal Mike Comments On Collaboration With Rob Halford on 'Talking Metal' Theme Song". Blabbermouth.net. 2007-11-12. Retrieved 2009-08-22.
- "Zakk Wylde's "We Are The World"". MetalSucks.net. 2008-10-08. Retrieved 2009-08-22.
- Bower, Chad (2008-03-06). "This Week on Talking Metal". About.com Guide to Heavy Metal. Retrieved 2009-08-22.
- "Talking Metal on Fuse TV". The Daily Rock. 2008-03-03. Retrieved 2009-08-22.
- "Can't Anyone Make a Decent Heavy Metal TV Show?". MetalSucks.net. 2009-01-07. Retrieved 2009-08-22.
- "That Metal Show Another Mediocre Metal Show". HeavyMetal.Today.com. 2009-03-10. Archived from the original on July 1, 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-22.