Talking Out of Turn
|"Talking Out of Turn"|
|Single by The Moody Blues|
|from the album Long Distance Voyager|
|B-side||"Veteran Cosmic Rocker"|
|Released||10 November 1981|
|Recorded||19 February 1980 -
mid April 1981
|The Moody Blues singles chronology|
"Talking Out of Turn" is a 1981 single by the English progressive rock band The Moody Blues, and it was the third and final single released from their 1981 album Long Distance Voyager. Written by bassist John Lodge, it lasts nearly seven and a half minutes, only five seconds short of "Nights in White Satin." It was later released as a single in November 1981, with "Veteran Cosmic Rocker" on the B-side.
The instrumental final minute of the song closes the first hour of The Mike Malloy Show each weekday evening.
- John Lodge - lead vocals, 12-string acuostic guitar, bass
- Justin Hayward - backing vocals and acoustic & electric guitars
- Ray Thomas - backing vocals
- Patrick Moraz - Polymoog, Yamaha CS80, vocoder and Minimoog
- Graeme Edge - drums, overdubbed cymbals and Simmons drums