|Industry||Consumer packaged goods|
|Products||Talking Rain Waters, Sparkling Ice|
Number of employees
Talking Rain is a privately held beverage company based in Preston, Washington that manufactures still and sparkling waters. Sparkling Ice accounts for the majority of their business.
Talking Rain was founded in 1987 with two Talking Rain-branded sparkling waters.In 1992, the company began production of Sparkling Ice. They also moved to their current location in Preston, Washington that same year.
In 2006 they launched two more products, Twist and ActivWater, which were produced until 2011, when Talking Rain decided to focus their business on the Sparkling Ice; this year, Talking Rain generated $60 million in revenue, up 140% from the year before. In 2013, the beverage represented 95% of the company's sales.
Kevin Klock was president and CEO of the company from 2010 to 2017; he left abruptly after alleged accusations of sexual harassment by a former Talking Rain employee. The former employee is suing Talking Rain for back pay and emotional distress. The company has not given a reason why Klock left Talking Rain. Later, the matter was resolved, and the case was dismissed. Marcus Smith was interim CEO until April 2018, when Chris Hall took over the position, and Smith became president of the company.
Talking Rain Beverage Company produces still and sparkling waters for distribution throughout North America, as well as some countries abroad.
- Avery, Brad (April 10, 2018). "People Moves: Chris Hall Named CEO of Talking Rain". BEVNET.
- "Kevin Klock is out as Talking Rain CEO", Puget Sound Business Journal, March, 10, 2017
- Strauss, Karsten. "Turning Water Into Cash: The Unlikely Success Of Talking Rain". Forbes. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- "Sparkling ICE's big splash revives TalkingRain". The Seattle Times. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- "About Us – Talking Rain". www.talkingrain.com. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- "Talking Rain Beverage Company® Funds Puget Sound Honor Flight", Cision PR Newswire, October 24 2017
- "Ice on Fire | Seattle Business Magazine". seattlebusinessmag.com. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- "KD signs major Roc Nation-negotiated deal". ESPN.com. July 15, 2014. Retrieved November 1, 2018.
- "Kevin Durant signs with Sparkling Ice". ABC7 San Francisco. July 15, 2014. Retrieved November 1, 2018.
- "Talking Rain Beverage Company: Number 2711 on the 2016 Inc. 5000". Inc.com. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- "Talking Rain, Tata Beverages Strike DSD Alliance". Consumer Goods Technology. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- "Under New CEO, Talking Rain Charts Path to Growth - BevNET.com". BevNET.com. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- "Flavors & Colors: Opportunities for Clean Labels". Nutraceuticals World. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- "CEO of Talking Rain Beverage fired after sexual assault, lawsuit contends", Seattle Times, November 8, 2017
- "Order Of Dismissal Page One". Flickr. Retrieved November 19, 2018.
- "COURT DISMISSAL - PAGE TWO". Flickr. Retrieved November 19, 2018.
- "Sparkling Ice debuts caffeinated line". BevIndustry. Retrieved November 1, 2018.